advertisement

Hi-Fi Truths to Live By

Craig B

Re:trophile
Just to get us started, here's one I've learnt the hard way...

A spare pair of Linn dustcover hinges are guaranteed to be broken well before one has the need to install them.

"Aye, we can machine the best bits of metal down from solid, but here's another pair of spring loaded plastic hinges that won't last till your bairn's next birthday. That'll be 30 quid, mate."

Others?

A subjective opinion can’t be objectively measured, so trust your own ears. If it sounds better, it is.
I like that.

So, speaking objectively, a subjectivist is always correct, at least within their own mind.

This is observable via the subjectivist speaking their own mind, and, therefore, can be objectively quantified in relation to other's subjective opinions.

Your system always sounds it’s best when some bloke is in taking a dem listening to it as you have put it up for sale. And it really hits as he is carting the bits off.
That was perfect!

I almost ran after an anesthesiologist in his Merc as he drove off with a pair of speakers from here.

Then there are the final function tests of lovely old record decks before ever so carefully packing them up for courier collection, only to find yourself wondering how much of a dick the buyer is going to think you are if you were to cancel the sale.

advertisement

Back