advertisement

Hi-fi News Oct 2019

CJ14

O.H.
I will be going to the show the weekend 26th Oct 2019 I will be there on Saturday.
It would be nice to see some old friends there so come along.

https://www.hifinews.com/content/grandstand-ascot-welcomes-uk-hi-fi-show-live-2019

219ascotshow.promo_.jpg

well done for posting this , its a superb show . it can be got to easily by train . sadly i can`t make it but its well worth it

It is a lot of cash, but I am meeting up with some dear friends I see now days so little of, so for me it worth every penny.
I am hoping to meet up with Nic from Trilogy and Mike from Creek and a few more and a few I will avoid, guess who?
But I am just going to spy on the new kits and crap/bling that are made.And hoping to see some good kit well worth a listen like Nic's new amps.

Is Ken talking about watch collecting?

———

To be frank, £22.00 seems a lot for attending a show - particularly as the last two I attended (both this year) had free parking and free entry. The outstanding Cranage show even provides visitors with a free glass of bubbly on entry!

Is Ken talking about watch collecting?

———

To be frank, £22.00 seems a lot for attending a show - particularly as the last two I attended (both this year) had free parking and free entry. The outstanding Cranage show even provides visitors with a free glass of bubbly on entry!

Apparently, the Hifi News workshop is having KK playing some records and talking about the Hifi industry, some details here
http://picpanzee.com/absolute_sounds
I agree that £22 is too expensive for an entry to a Hifi show.

really , hifinut, i wanted to go but to far to drive for a one day show, looked at the trains from nottingham to ascot 4-30 mins then got to get to the show from the station, back another 4 hours 30 mins, shocking london london ascot ascot, bring the show to the midlands , its called that for a reason ,

really , hifinut, i wanted to go but to far to drive for a one day show, looked at the trains from nottingham to ascot 4-30 mins then got to get to the show from the station, back another 4 hours 30 mins, shocking london london ascot ascot, bring the show to the midlands , its called that for a reason ,
I suspect much of the target audience lives in London and the home counties. The racecourse is a short walk from the station.

I used to pass through Ascot going to and from school. On the way home the train used to split there with the front half heading for Reading and the rear half for Guildford. Except every few weeks for no reason we could fathom the front half would go to Guildford and the rear half to Reading. This would be announced to people waiting outside on the platform but not to the people on the train. It would have been easy enough for the guard, driver or one of the infinite number of staff at Ascot to walk down the train telling people. The good old days. Do trains still split these days?

2.5 hours from Brum I think and 7 mins from station I am told . We did have the Leamington show recently but sounds like too far to travel from Nottingham!

Nah, I live nearby and drove to Nottingham and back in an afternoon recently. 2 hours each way.

Ascot High St was heaving at 7.30am today (but it usually is!)

Car park 3 seemed to be well populated with exhibitor's vans but plenty of room. Some long term roadworks in the area so if going by car from the South, check online maps.

If you are going by train and have high hopes of the lottery tonight, check out the massive McLaren showroom next door to the station.

I am going via tube to Waterpoo then to Ascot, sounds simply. But with the problem I have walking it will take 30min from home to get to CanningTown, then another 15mins to get up the escalators to the Waterpoo train level as long as some shit does not push me over like last time and then walk on me (story of my life). Then about 30mins form Ascot station to have about 2hr wander around the show.
I am hoping to catch up with old friends like Nic from Trilogy and maybe Mike Creek and Alan O'Rouke. Avoiding body walkers at all times.
OK £22.00 seems a lot but I will be out and not in doors bored silly.

I do hope I meet some of you there I will be the tall ugly Man with a stick and limping he he or listen for the ticking sound. (mech bit in ticker)

Here is me in the Hi-fi Jungle

36639846_2446886502296366_2683479653686968320_o.jpg

Hang on a minute, they expect me to pay them £22 to be given the opportunity to spend thousands of pounds on something?

What next, Apple charging for queuing outside their shop?

£22 is steep for what is here.
The kii's were very impressive.
Cambridge audio did a good demo.
KEF and Dave were nice.
Other than that pretty average

advertisement

Back