advertisement

Hermes have 'lost' my parcel

Another "courier lost/broke/crushed/stole/played football with/<insert reason> my parcel thread.....sigh

we should just inly have one courier thread where we can recount our woes......

as it happens RM and Parcelforce are the bad boys round here. PF losing a case of rather nice wine.....

Our local Hermes guy is self employed, he’s actually a family friend and a throughly decent guy, he goes well out of his way for people, so I do try and use Hermes for low risk stuff. For HIFI I use UPS or Parcelforce.

yes we seem to have the same guy coming a lot , he is pretty good. no probs with hermes at the moment

I was a bit unclear, not that the above isn't helpful, but the aksheral H man who arrives at our door is fine. This parcel was 'lost' somewhere between the amazon warehouse and the Carlisle Hermes base where they sort and send out to us. In a van, somewhere north of the midlands. Apparently.
Maybe a spaceship hovered over the van and suctioned my microphone out?
Do aliens need USB mics?

And other book titles.

Amazon have been excellent, have noticed the non delivery, written to apologise and given me a time frame and details of actions taken and planned. Spot on.

Hermes, OTOH:
Have no contact phone number (C19 fault)
Have no email address
Do have an online pop up response which took my details and promised a 24 hour response... 38 hours ago.
Nothing.

Hermes I award you a much admired 'less use than a pile of dog shit' award.
I'll pop it in the Hermes van for you as it passes, so to be sure you never, actually, receive it.

Well I must be lucky, Postman (Ross), Parcel Force (Alan), Hermes, DPD and DHL delivery guys are all brilliant. Never lost a parcel.

It's nice to have good delivery men.

Then you only have to worry about them in the middle.

And there are quite a few of them, collecting, storing, sorting, driving, loading, storing, sorting, loading and so on and so on until you get to the delivery man/woman.

Keep your fingers crossed with all of them.

Is 'lost' a euphemism? I mean it's checked onto the van, and should be checked off it at the next stage but somehow, it wasn't there. We know the van driver and we know the route and the process so where, exactly, was it 'lost'.
I guess saying 'one of our operatives (may have) stolen it' is probably bad for business? And maybe libelous?
But just to say I am NEVER buying any product that Hermes deliver, ever again, since this is the second time it has happened. Not at all happy.

“Lost”is a euphemism and covers a multitude of reasons GLITS happen it’s a fact of life in my game. I could give you a whole list of options or possible scenario’s for the status report you have unfortunately only the driver will know the truth.
If your items value is worth anymore than your prepared Loose why use Hermes ??
I personally would not ship anything valuable for the foreseeable.The current COVID-19 delivery guidance are just being used as a licence to drop and run. Not helped I might add by companies using Covid As another excuse to ramp up hard pushed driver targets so unless you are very lucky and have an conscientious driver and a good relationship with him your parcel will just be written off as a GLIT.

Another "courier lost/broke/crushed/stole/played football with/<insert reason> my parcel thread.....sigh

we should just inly have one courier thread where we can recount our woes......

as it happens RM and Parcelforce are the bad boys round here. PF losing a case of rather nice wine.....

Yep.Been in the game 30 years. Until recently I would Recommend you swallow the cost and limit risk and Always use UPS because I know they (had) Superior load processes.Now personally from what I’ve seen of late the only courier I’d recommend would be DIY.

Exact same thing happened to me recently. Computer case posted by seller on ebay. Marked as picked up by the van. It never went beyond that point. Eventually just took refund from seller as we both gave up. Contacting Hermes is impossible. Personally I would be avoiding them going forward.

Is 'lost' a euphemism? I mean it's checked onto the van, and should be checked off it at the next stage but somehow, it wasn't there. We know the van driver and we know the route and the process so where, exactly, was it 'lost'.
I guess saying 'one of our operatives (may have) stolen it' is probably bad for business? And maybe libelous?
But just to say I am NEVER buying any product that Hermes deliver, ever again, since this is the second time it has happened. Not at all happy.

I will be but sadly amazon don't give you a choice. For that particular item, it was Hermes, and you don't even find THAT out until they finally let you know, 'don't worry. we have you parcel'. hahahahahahaha.:oops:

I bought a radio on the interweb yesterday for Mrs R's birthday. First thing I asked the electronic chat website thingy was, 'do you use Hermes'? 'No', she said, 'Royal Mail'.
'Perfect' I said. THAT at least is arriving on Monday, and it will.

I use Hermes for collection and delivery. Their prices are about half of the price of others. Reliability is not something they seem to factor in at that level.

I only use them for stuff of low value, loft clear out, in my Covid lockdown situation.

So it's a lottery as to whether it arrives or not but at their prices I shouldn't be too put out by the odd failure to deliver. That also includes failure to deliver in good condition.

I have to say that all the delivery people from all the companies around here are excellent - really. The Hermes lad is perhaps the best, so it can be done - maybe I just get special treatment being disabled I don't know.

Had a delivery via Hermes yesterday. It was a weed killer concentrate and a 2.5 litre mixing bottle with screw on spray. The driver arrived at the door and showed me the parcel which was dripping wet. I opened it and he claimed it must have been a supplier error because there wasn’t a screw top attached to the 2.5 litre bottle Which was why it leaked. I explained that the liquid was in the smaller bottle and held it up to show the leak. He wasn’t’ the having any of it and my ability to speak various Eastern European languages is zilch. The box was obviously crushed at some point.

Good Morning All,

I've just had a notification that the IMF speakers I bought from an eBay seller, which are being shipped by eBay Global Shipping, are in Hermes's hands.....oh dear

Regards

Richard

:) But honestly...it's quite hard to 'lose' a pair of IMFs! On the other hand a very popular USB vlogging etc mic in a marked box almost has 'steal me' written on it.

Good Morning All,

I've just had a notification that the IMF speakers I bought from an eBay seller, which are being shipped by eBay Global Shipping, are in Hermes's hands.....oh dear

Regards

Richard

No doubt you will now be worried till they arrive & you inspect them.

I detest any sellers or shops that do not give you a choice of delivery from the basket before you buy, rather pay extra to keep away from the cheap couriers especially for anything of value.

I hope they arrive in one piece for you.

Well...I think my experience is that the missing tend to items easily sold on...not sure that IMF drivers have a ready audience like a USB microphone does? But good wishes...hope they arrive safely.

The local postie, my Hermes delivery driver, DPD guy , UPS guy and Parcelforce lady are all very accommodating and know where to leave stuff if I'm not in, I get the impression most of them are rushed off their feet.
I sold a lot of bike parts through eBay during the lockdown period and used both MyHermes and Royal Mail for delivery, they seemed to take an awful long time to get to their destinations, some 10-14 days for what would normally be a 2-3 day service, I had a couple of items go missing for a week or two but eventually turned up thankfully.

advertisement

Back