advertisement

Hermes have 'lost' my parcel

Rockmeister

pfm Member
Is 'lost' a euphemism? I mean it's checked onto the van, and should be checked off it at the next stage but somehow, it wasn't there. We know the van driver and we know the route and the process so where, exactly, was it 'lost'.
I guess saying 'one of our operatives (may have) stolen it' is probably bad for business? And maybe libelous?
But just to say I am NEVER buying any product that Hermes deliver, ever again, since this is the second time it has happened. Not at all happy.

I told one company I buy from that I’d not buy anything more from them unless they stopped sending stuff via Hermes, so they now send it via Royal Mail.

Mick

Our last Hermes parcel, a couple of days ago, was fully tracked with a 4 hour time window and was delivered with great confidence to a random house down the road, having driven past our house to get there

Are these Hermes people actual vans with Hermes drivers or self employed individuals ?

I've had Hermes van drivers in Hermes uniform deliveries & self employed delivery people in t-shirts & flipflops ones as well, never understand if they are the same company or not.

Either way Hermes are ****ing crap.

I'm lucky. it's mainly one guy (quite old) that delivers Hermes stuff to this area, I got to know him, he's very good.

We’ve got at least two drivers, one is a really nice fairly elderly guy, always polite, refers to me by name, asks if I’ll take the neighbours parcels in etc. Just a good bloke doing his job. Then there is another one who I’ve never seen who throws anything up to and including a CRT oscilloscope over my back wall, my neighbours packages into my back yard, mine into theirs, and then runs away with no card, nothing. Even happened in the rain at one point, though by an act of amazing coincidence it was an umbrella being delivered, so was at least water-proof.

Blokes in unmarked vans round here.
Too busy to ring the bloody doorbell even though we are always in with a dog that goes ballistic when it hears a visitor.

The lady that delivers round here, always knocks the door and waits for a reply, but is very miserable looking.

The two that stick in the mind with me are one package 'lost' which was 2 metres long (2 magnetic shower seals) The other was Fed EX giving,or rather leaving, a package with customs for inspection. Unfortunately this was a work item packed in Dry Ice so 3 days later when we got it there was just a damp pile of cardboard and dead mouse embryo cells !

In Germany, Hermes is very reliable. No parcel addressed to me lost in the last 20 years or so. No help, though, I understand.

My only lost parcel was with Hermes a few years ago. Sold something worth £120 and for the first time ever decided to pay the extra for the insurance. Glad I did, took about 4 weeks but did get the compensation ultimately.

A £4 tin of spray was sent to my by Hermes
I had a email saying it will be delivered between 13.00 and 15.00
then another email saying the time has changed to 19.00 to 21.00
then at 20.00 I get a email saying sorry we missed you as you were out . NO I was at HOME all friggin day , no card left
When I arrived home the next day what was in the porch , my delivery
If they can leave the parcel the following day why did they not leave it the previous day

because they did not turn up , bar stewarts

The local Hermes lady calls me when she has a parcel for us. She knows it’s a long track to the house, so asks if I’d like it delivered or left at another farm, which is easier for her. It just works differently in the countryside, thankfully. I think it often comes down to the individual driver, rather than the courier company.

Our local Hermes guy is self employed, he’s actually a family friend and a throughly decent guy, he goes well out of his way for people, so I do try and use Hermes for low risk stuff. For HIFI I use UPS or Parcelforce.

A few days ago I caught the Royal Mail postman crushing up a parcel in an attempt to put it through my letter box, he never rang the doorbell. He could not get it through so left it on the doorstep and almost ran away. The parcel contained a dashcam. It had come all the way from China, for him to try and destroy here. Fortunately, the item inside was OK.

advertisement

Back