advertisement

Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee Thread

You are clearly restricting our throwing them down a well. I’m open to compromise, e.g. let Brenda see out her time, then the well for the rest of them. Can we start with the pedophile?
“Alleged” paedophile surely?

Luckily I live in a monarchy where all views are allowed.
Do we live in a Monarchy or in a Democracy? As both appear to be in a state of existence, which has primacy, which should have primacy? As the hereditary principle is in contradiction to the biblical principle of all people being equal, which is subservient?

That last sentence is beyond parody.
The Left and the Woke will never take away our rich history of pageantry, especially in this year of the Jubilee and the Festival of Brexit. We lead the world in rich pageantry and I’m hoping there’s a big role in it for Nadine Dorries- bigger than Stuart Hall even.

uGlENov.jpg

2lPnZjv.jpg

Last edited:
Do we live in a Monarchy or in a Democracy? As both appear to be in a state of existence, which has primacy, which should have primacy? As the hereditary principle is in contradiction to the biblical principle of all people being equal, which is subservient?
I think the primacy question was settled by a) chopping off Charles I’s head and b) not allowing William of Orange to take the throne unless he acknowledged the primacy of Parliament. As for equality, we could certainly do a lot better.

I have found the Jubilee Song.

Do you think it's the best song ever?

It's certainly very good. "Rise up and serve, thanking God for Her Majesty". That is what I do every day.

I think the primacy question was settled by a) chopping off Charles I’s head and b) not allowing William of Orange to take the throne unless he acknowledged the primacy of Parliament. As for equality, we could certainly do a lot better.
Yes. Hence my question about the statement that we like in a monarchy. Another question if we do not live in a monarchy, is what are we paying all that money for? Why are we paying for golden coaches for some, but can’t afford to pay a living wage to others. The fact that we have such fabulous opulence along side bitter hunger is the sign of failure of the system, whatever you decide to call it.

I have found the Jubilee Song.

Do you think it's the best song ever?

It's certainly very good. "Rise up and serve, thanking God for Her Majesty". That is what I do every day.

I always liked Hughie Green’s “Stand Up And Get C0unted”

I have found the Jubilee Song. Do you think it's the best song ever? It's certainly very good. "Rise up and serve, thanking God for Her Majesty".
That's compelling. I shall do exactly as the song says. After all, as Shelley said, 'poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world', and this is clearly the work of a great poet.

That said, if Shelley had written it, it would be called Rise up OR Serve.

Anyway, the lyrics are here (pdf). They are the kind of thing a highly religious ten-year old might have written, with great pride, after being kicked in the head by a horse.

That's compelling. I shall do exactly as the song says. After all, as Shelley said, 'poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world', and this is clearly the work of a great poet.

That said, if Shelley had written it, it would be called Rise up OR Serve.

Anyway, the lyrics are here (pdf). They are the kind of thing a highly religious ten-year old might have written, with great pride, after being kicked in the head by a horse.

As with the line-up, you'd have expected a song by McCartney or Elton & Bernie for an event of the magnitude of the Jubilee. At the very least, Gary Barlow. Or Lloyd Webber if you like that sort of thing.

Her Majesty is just not a big enough deal these days. Sad.

As with the line-up, you'd have expected a song by McCartney or Elton & Bernie for an event of the magnitude of the Jubilee. At the very least, Gary Barlow. Or Lloyd Webber if you like that sort of thing.

Her Majesty is just not a big enough deal these days. Sad.

Written by Black Lace, sung by Pinky and Perky and compered by Sooty is about the right level.

I feel genuinely sorry for Brenda. In the twilight of her reign, she is ill-served by the most self serving, dishonest prime minister in her 70 years as monarch.

Johnson is almost certainly the only PM/government that has directly lied to her. I’m obviously no monarchist, but I do feel sorry for her having to associate with scum like that. I fully understand why she called in sick rather than read his self-serving lies and bullshit this Queen’s Speech. Having to attend shite such as the event this thread is about would be a hell of a big ask too, I’d not want to attend if it was free at the end of my road. Andrew Lloyd Webber FFS! You’d have to pay me thousands to sit through that maudlin derivative shite.

advertisement

Back