advertisement

Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee Thread

We've got a village get together planned for the Sunday on the sports field. I'm helping setup the PA and tents* etc. Should be a great day and a good way to show support for someone who has devoted her life to serving the country.

*There is of course a beer tent!
How has the Queen and her extended family who benefit from our largesse devoted their lives to serving the country in a way that, for example, nurses and teachers have not?

(Not Sir) Brian is too nice to refuse.

Sir Elton can't be bothered to actually turn up in person.

Sir Rod will turn up anywhere.

I wonder how much they had to pay the Ross to avoid a total flop?

FTIKmGtUUAEiLiq

''''##'';;''

whataboutery
Not whataboutery at all. You said the Queen deserves celebration because she has devoted her life to serving her country, I have merely asked what is it she has done that deserves special celebration? The very fact that you have said that she deserves special celebration because of her service to her country means that other people who are not included are not worthy of such celebration, and as you’ve called it’s mere suggestion ‘whataboutery’ are not even worth a mention in the context of service to country.

(Not Sir) Brian is too nice to refuse.

Sir Elton can't be bothered to actually turn up in person.

Sir Rod will turn up anywhere.

I wonder how much they had to pay the Ross to avoid a total flop?

FTIKmGtUUAEiLiq
And Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber? of Legendary stage presence,

peWoWrD.jpg

will he be accompanying Sarah (do not adjust your VTA it’s actually her) Brrrrrighttttman?

Imagine the fun if, in just over 2 years' time, she's still (at least nominally) on the throne and she cracks the record of Louis l'État, c'est moi XIV.

Lucky you.

I was abroad for the Silver Jubilee but kept hearing about on BBC Overseas Service News, which we were listening to for information about the Bhutto riots, still got caught up in the curfew while driving through Lahore though.
Just grateful for streaming.

Alas, back home, I will have to play for a big Civic Service on the Sunday. Fortunately I will be putting in an invoice. This is the only contact I will have with this occasion to the limits of my influence.

Just grateful for streaming.

Alas, back home, I will have to play for a big Civic Service on the Sunday. Fortunately I will be putting in an invoice. This is the only contact I will have with this occasion to the limits of my influence.
Toward the end of your playing career, are you not going to be tempted to throw in a few bum notes, Les Dawson style at certain events?

Toward the end of your playing career, are you not going to be tempted to throw in a few bum notes, Les Dawson style at certain events?
Well...I've got my fee to think about.

Anyway, what do you mean by towards the end of my playing career? Who says I'm old? Bloomin' cheek!

Ooh, the mandarins must have been getting flustered about how diverse to make the line up, but I think Gangster rappers is a step too far! Surprised they didn't invite John Lydon over for a rendition of God save........

Ooh, the mandarins must have been getting flustered about how diverse to make the line up, but I think Gangster rappers is a step too far! Surprised they didn't invite John Lydon over for a rendition of God save........

.........The butter with a union jack adornment.

Not whataboutery at all. You said the Queen deserves celebration because she has devoted her life to serving her country, I have merely asked what is it she has done that deserves special celebration? The very fact that you have said that she deserves special celebration because of her service to her country means that other people who are not included are not worthy of such celebration, and as you’ve called it’s mere suggestion ‘whataboutery’ are not even worth a mention in the context of service to country.

She’s so irrelevant to me. The very epitome of ‘the establishment.’ Yep, her ‘service’ (she could have stepped away if she’d wanted to) has paid well, a life of luxury with staff running around for everything. Is it ‘hard’ work?

I’m afraid I keep seeing the word ‘indoctrination’ every time I see anything about the royal family.

advertisement

Back