Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

Discussion in 'off topic' started by AnilS, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

This might seem a strange question but is she actually in the coffin?

2. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Nah, she shape-shifted into her lizard form and is now holed up in a subterranean lair with Lord Lucan, Elvis Presley and that bloke out of the Manics.

foxwelljsly, Rob998 and sideshowbob like this.
  3. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Thank **** for that.

4. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Wine monthly?

5. bor

bor queue jumper

Whine monthly?

6. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Barely legal?

7. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Respect where due..etc..mutter..mutter.. but FFS!!!

It's like Christmas...where we are not only depressingly aware of the season, but also reminded Ad Nauseam, by 'TV Specials' of every TV prog..
    It seems we now have 'Queen Specials', of every bloody TV prog on the Beeb.
    Please make it stop!!!

ff1d1l likes this.
  8. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

You should complain to the BBC with a strongly worded letter, Mull. That’ll show ‘em.

9. laughingboy

laughingboy pfm Member

Don't worry, in the interest of 'balance', I expect that the BBC will soon dedicate itself to two weeks of wall-to-wall Republican propaganda. That, after all, is how the BBC deals with matters of opinion.

10. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Me too, I ate one sour too.

Glamorous Grannies?

11. Mullardman

Well of course! I'm just assembling the requisite phrases....
    - 'in my day..'
    - 'country's gone to the dogs..'
    -'national service'
    -'shouldn't be allowed...'
    -'my taxes. '
    -'Harrumph!'

Any other suggestions?

12. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Switch channel or turn the TV off.

Andrew C! and gintonic like this.
  13. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Today on Escape to the Country, William and Kate are looking for a very large house far from the madding crowd. Budget not really an issue as William has just been given a duchy worth a billion pounds...

14. Mullardman

Not a solution.. The sycophants will continue with their 'Never mind the quality, feel the width' orgy of repetition whether I'm watching or not.

15. Joe Hutch

What would you be watching were it not for the mournfest? BBC 1 seems to show nothing worth watching anyway.

16. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

We’ve had some lovely jewellery on Antiques Roadshow, but your tiaras are the best I’ve ever seen.
    Well, they belonged to my mama and grandmama, and I believe there’s a Russian family connection before that...

17. herb

herb brain's right hemisphere

Your list - I see that the Alf Garnett '60s series by Johnny Speight is being repeated on SKY channel 183. The odd word is being bleeped out but I must admit that it is still quite funny but of another age.

18. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

But that’s TV output at any time...

19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

She’s got a very nice last day in Scotland

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    White Zombie, AnilS and herb like this.
  20. Joe Hutch

Certainly the entire output of BBC1 and 2, ITV and Channel 4. BBC4 has some good archive shows, which is why it's being abolished. There's a Freeview channel called Talking Pictures TV, which has some good films, plus some antique TV shows (The Outer Limits, One Step Beyond, Maigret). Other than that, nothing. (I'm talking free-to-view channels. Doubtless there's good stuff on the paid-for channels).