advertisement

Help

Nero

Re: Tired
I couldn’t watch more than an hour and a bit. After Kenny died, that was it. I’ll watch the rest tomorrow, but Hancock and Johnson are criminals.
I’m going to bed.

Really gripping watch, captured the chaos and confusion and brings home a bit of what it must be like for the people on the front line. Some really good performances in there.

Sending sick people into care homes and the shortages of ppe they had seem unbelievably bad decisions. I hope there is some kind of reckoning one day, and the decisions people made with their eyes on profits are held to account.

But no doubt it will all be glossed over and we’ll be told we have ‘moved on’ while the usual rags will denounce the whole thing as woke lefty rubbish.

I watched it late last night, definitely didn't lead to a harmonious sleep that's for sure. I don't want to say it was really 'good' but it was an excellent portrayal of the nightmare that both carers and their residents faced.

..all while Hancock and Bojo made their pals millionaires with PPE contracts.

Powerful stuff and I suspect a pretty accurate depiction of what was going on in care homes over that period. Jodie as always was brilliant!

Just watched it now. I felt the first hour was absolutely stunning, though found the later story arc a bit cheesy and arguably diluted what was initially (and remains) a hell of a political statement. Jodie Comer was incredible.

advertisement

Back