advertisement

[HELP WTD] Sticky CD drawer on Meridian 500 Mk1 transport

Gotek

pfm Member
I bought the 500 from here (or maybe the wam) a couple of years ago but recently the drawer has started to stick when coming out. It slows down when halfway out then carries on. It is fine when going back in.

Otherwise works perfectly.

Any ideas? Not being technically savvy can I open it and cure it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Grease has become hard on the cogs.

Open and close it a few times to see if that works. The tray that is.

If there is a belt driving the gears etc ( I had a 500 but never opened it ) it's most likely a little stretched or slipping a little. A quick and easy fix is to rub a little toothpaste on the belt , be sparing and dont get it all over other stuff , a q tip works quite well, When it dries it acts as a belt dressing and allows the belt to grip again restoring drawer operation.

Thanks for responses. Hopefully I can see the cogs/belt without having to attempt any kind of opening up operation.

Belt driven onto a huge cog.

506.20-internal%5b2269%5d.jpg

506.20-tray-mechanism-guide-bar%5b2271%5d.jpg

Make sure the belt isn't slipping and grease the very thick guide bar.
Lid off only; although it's not that hard to do; torx driver required.

Pictures are of my 506, but I'm pretty sure they are the same on the inside.

Thanks Seyles, that's brilliant. Just need grease and/or brylcreem, torx driver and/or hammer and I will be good to go.

Thanks for the pics. Doesn't look so daunting after all.

:)

If you power the unit up (from the switch on the rear) whilst holding the display button down, the 500 will go into a diagnostic mode.
Opening and closing the drawer will give you the time in the display; about 1 second is normal.

advertisement

Back