advertisement

Help with Nac 72 phono pin bridging

Mynamemynaim

38yrs a Naim owner
Hi
Could someone remind me which pins I need to jumper on my Nac 72 pre when removing the phono cards and using an external phono stage though that input please?

So basically I want line level without using Naim bypass boards (as I don't have any!)

As you look at the board from above with the front facing downward - the 1st and 3rd pins should be linked.

Hi
Could someone remind me which pins I need to jumper on my Nac 72 pre when removing the phono cards and using an external phono stage though that input please?

So basically I want line level without using Naim bypass boards (as I don't have any!)

I believe they already bridged (my old amp, right?). If you look at the main board there are silver 'jumpers' aft of the daughter board pins that you would need to cut to use phono boards I think. These links do the same thing as a jumper board if I remember correctly.

Here is the photo of your amp that shows the jumpers are (or were) intact behind the phono board pins:
48512067192_b87f77eb3e_c.jpg

Hi Sean
Yes your amp of course!!!

Did wonder about that as you mentioned in the ad. that the links were still intact...but wasn't sure of the implication of that
And also thought as you had and supplied the phono boards that you must have been using them !
Ok...will try my phono amp and see what happens...there will either be sound or none!

Ynwoan thanks for the info too

Ps... I have some Ryan labs boards (loaner) coming soon ...but if anyone has any spare for sale ... especially remote volume....I might well be interested

nac_72boards.jpg

The above picture from Acoustica shows the 326 link board. Numbered from the back of the 72 it is pin 1 and 3 as Ynwoan says. Pins 2 and 4 are ground and 24v

Last edited:
Great picture Chris
That also helps a lot if the "link wire" is a red herring
Never thought to look on Acoustica ...googled it but found nothing!!!

advertisement

Back