Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Trying to prevent a travesty over my friend dying allegedly intestate

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Arkless Electronics, May 28, 2021.

1. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

Indeed they could. There would be no-one to stop them. The system relies on their honesty.

2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

hey that's your shout but I spoke to his close friend who had been visiting him weekly if not twice a week only this morning and it was he who reminded me that my friends other interest beyond vintage hi fi etc was horology and that he knew my friend had very valuable vintage watches, gold fobs etc in the safe...

I'm upset enough already about both his sudden death, and then this, to not need people I'm asking for advice to say I'm making "ridiculous claims"!!:(:(:mad:

3. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Jez, I'd probably forget lawyers and police and round up some of your chunky, aggressive mates.

naimplayer and Fatmarley like this.
  4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Final word.
    Just checked with a solicitor in the family.
    You cannot challenge letters of administration unless you are a family member.
    Anything else in the op borders on paranoia.

5. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Loads, of course!

One or two might even be solicitors.

gustav_errata and Seeker_UK like this.
  6. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

I think your only recourse is to tell the police if you think people have been accessing your friends property before they are legally allowed or to find the will, if it exists. There is a legal saying that “a contested will is the toast of Chancery Lane” , contesting a will that does not exist will make Chancery Lane look like a Rio carnival.

7. Cav

Cav pfm Member

In which case the cousin probably has the best claim anyway.

8. Bob McC

No wife
    Children
    parents
    Siblings
    Grandparents
    Aunts or uncles

the cousin has the only claim…

Thorn likes this.
  9. Arkless Electronics

Whatever the legal claim the cousin is the last person if the world he would have wanted to get his estate.

10. Arkless Electronics

FWIW I've just been back on the phone and it was confirmed in autopsy that he died from blood clots after the Astrezenaca jab.

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Sorry to hear that Jez, a horrible situation.

PS Reading this with some interest as I’m not a million miles away from that situation. I made a will at the start of the covid thing; I have a signed & witnessed copy with my dad, a signed witnessed copy at home, and the executor knows where it is, but nothing concrete/legal, nothing with a lawyer or whatever.

Arkless Electronics likes this.
  12. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Correlation is not evidence of causation.

Bob McC likes this.
  13. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Wow this seems to be getting more common ...Got my second az jab tommorrow

14. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Can you put that in English...My brains slow tonight !!

15. Bob McC

Tony
    What do you mean “You made a will”?
    Was it a DIY thing?
    You have no obligation to leave a will with a solicitor.
    I have mine at home but I paid for it to be drawn up by a solicitor.

16. Arkless Electronics

That's like really helpful Vinny.... Man in good health who didn't drink or smoke has 3 week long illness after first jab and dies two days after second jab then the autopsy says cause of death was blood clots:rolleyes:

Maybe he was being knocked out and taken on numerous long haul flights every night for weeks then transported back to his bed? Can we rule it out?

17. Bob McC

More madness

18. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Correlation - things happen together. Causation - things happen as a consequence.

Every day, substantial numbers of people will die after eating cucumber, that does not mean that any death was caused by eating cucumber.

hifinutt likes this.
  19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

No, I just researched what they looked like and typed one out. Remember I have, until very recently, been in *total* lockdown for well over a year. That is no visits from family, no visits from friends, no going out other than for solo cycling, just very carefully opening the door for food deliveries. I certainly wasn’t going to visit a bloody lawyer at the height of a pandemic that targets diabetics and asthmatics!

I’d now be prepared to get it formalised if I knew the exact process, which is why I asked the question. Basically I just want to get what I have done registered or whatever is required. I don’t want anything beyond that.

20. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

It doesn't, or not asthmatics at least.