advertisement

Help take my Exposure VII to "dual" status

seedsy

I purchased an Exposure IX power supply, so it's time to upgrade my VII "single" to dual.

It seems like the most difficult part is sourcing a 5-pin Domino/Dice DIN connector (which I am pretty sure is a Deltron 630-0520). I cannot find a source, especially in the US. Can anyone help? Also - is there what else does the process entail? Any tips?

I did this for someone local. The pre has separate boards for left and right channels and from memory there's +- and 0v connections from both boards to the existing single socket. It's just a case of solder three of those wires to the new socket instead. I think I replaced the wires rather than reuse the ones that were there. Simple enough job, even I could do it :)

Thanks James. Any ideas on where to get a new socket? I can't seem to find them anywhere...

Sourcing that sort of socket seems to have become impossible within the last few years. I'm guessing its no longer manufactured, though the plug to fit it seems to be available.

Perhaps somebody knows an NoS source but if not a 3 pin din (or any other number of pins) or a small aviation connector would fit the cutout.

I left them a message. I might consider stealing the "output" DIN from my VI power supply - as I don't think ill ever need it.

advertisement

Back