advertisement

Help - Rega Elicit R problem

stevebrock

pfm Member
Well I was playing some LPs last night, they seemed a little dull and I thought my cart could be on the way out but its only had 400 hrs on it (Nagaoka), been playing LPs tonight, the first was seemed ok but once I had gone through a few more they just seem to lack any sparkle - they sound very dull! I then tried some CDs, then the radio - everything seems dull, no mid range. Sometihng has definately changed as I know how this amp sounds - I am starting to get paranoid, am I going mad? Is it possible something in my amp is amiss?

Worried now! I know its under warranty but cant help thinking why it is sounding so crap

I have been there, just leave it switched off and do something else. Rega are a great company and they will sort it for you.

ust to update you all:

Took my Elicit R into Cymbiosis today, just a quick call to confirm time, apparentl;y when I put the first call in on Tuesday about the amp, Peter Swain put a call into Rega Service about the problem - Rega sent them a replacement Elciit just in case.

Well we got my amp set up with a Naim CDX & PMC speakers, listened to a few tracks off Brothers in Arms, sounded okish but as soon as we had there demo Elicit connected up the difference was night and day. I was literally in there 10 mins and walked out with new replacement. Cant say fairer than that.

Seems Terry Bateman will have his work cut out now as he told Cymbiosis he wants the faulty amp back ASAP so he can see whats happened.

Well I am stunned, got my 'new' Elciit home - its a different bloody amp, got me thinking now was the amp deterioating as soon as I bought it, cos this Elciit sounds F****G beautiful.

So relieved its sorted and wasn't me being a numpty!

Music is ace

Excellent - IMHO, Rega have one of the best customer services in the UK hifi industry. I had a problem with my Elicit back in 1998, just after I bought it. They sent me a new one and also gave me a P3 free of charge for the hassle.. Well they sent that coz the replacement unit they sent got damaged in the post, and they'd stopped production so they had to make me another which took some time, but I was over the moon to receive a shiny peal white P3!

advertisement

Back