advertisement

Help Needed With Headphones

Stemcor

I should be listening to music
I was in the car last night talking to my youngest and nearly lost control of the vehicle when she said that she had used a pair of headphones at Uni and was shocked at how much better they were than her iphone earbuds.

It would be a nice stocking-filler if Santa gave her a pair of headphones. I have no idea what to buy so can any fishes give a recommendation of a pair that cost less than £50.

All comments greatfully received !

If you have a local TKMaxx have a look to see if the have a technology section, they usually carry a variety of brands (bit of pot luck as they buy up overstocks etc.) at pretty good discounts. Richer have a clearance list (branch dependant) HMV sometimes have clearance lines.
A lot depends on the brand type you think suitable, Skull Kandy, Dr Dre (Monster) Tinchie Stryder, Bob Marley (all good) and such like are popular in the youth market, rather than the HiFi brands such as AKG etc. For brands like the Dr Dre beware of fakes, unless from reputable dealers like HMV, read the small print on the box, the fakes almost always have a spelling mistake(s) somewhere as the guy who sets up the printing doesn't read English so can't spot the difference between, say, recycling and recylcing (an actual case). Unfortunately spellcheck overrides deliberate mistakes.

Hi Stemcor

I was in Currys yesterday and tried a £269 set of Dr Beats - They were probably the most comfortable set of HP i have ever tried - really good - Sadly performance was an issue - just didn't sound natural enough(too digital) !!

£4£ i would say Sennheiser are very hard to Beat - plenty of models around your budget mark - try Amazon

AKG K450 is what I use with my iPod. Excellent value portable headphones.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks for the replies.

Still in a state of shock that a member of the "ipod generation" could recognise an improvement in sound quality. I really need to stop being an old fart.

The AKG or Senheiser could be the answer.

I will asl Santa to be generous this year and leave 2 tangerines at Mark's house !

Regards
Mike

Thanks for the replies.

Still in a state of shock that a member of the "ipod generation" could recognise an improvement in sound quality. I really need to stop being an old fart.

The AKG or Senheiser could be the answer.

I will asl Santa to be generous this year and leave 2 tangerines at Mark's house !

Regards
Mike

Much appreciated!

The Festive Season is nearly here.

Cheers,

Mark

advertisement

Back