advertisement

Help identifying Belden speaker cable

eastone

pfm Member
Evening

Can anyone identify this Belden cable:

BELDEN CSA TBR-32 90C

Ill get a photo up shortly.

Their catalogue is vast and, to me, confusing.

I know I bought the cable on here, and the seller might have said something about buying it in Japan...

I want to rearrange the room slightly so will need a longer run.

I suspect that most of CSA TB32 90C are spec' reference/size etc. rather than the cable type

Anything else on it?

Probably it is some kind of ID then????? Nothing I have tried in any search engine gets anything close. The real hassle is CSA - that just finds cross-sectional area on any search.

All the printing looks like the same digits? B not 8 for instance? (I have tried a few variations)

Probably it is some kind of ID then????? Nothing I have tried in any search engine gets anything close.

Me neither.

TBH if I can figure out the construction - I doubt it's complex - I'd happily buy something similar. But I do have another Belden cable (the orange black twisted stuff) that I find bright, so I want to get it as close as possible.

Hopefully can figure it out without removing a plug to see inside.

Aha!

Found the sale ad on AOS:

'Vintage Belden CSA fabric-covered speaker cable, 2.5m stereo pair (four lengths of 2.5m, twisted into stereo pairs and terminated/shrink wrap). This is tinned 13AWG copper cable very similar to the vintage Western Electric cable I use with my Tannoys.'

Hi,

A friend of mine is trying some Belden cable for speakers but it is not sold as speaker cable.

I can try and find out what it is, he is rather busy at the minute, he has done some technical tests on a lot of cables and found this gave better results than a very expensive well known audio cable at about 20 times the price.

So it could be the cable you have is not been sold as speaker cable from Belden but is cable from another part of their catalogue.

If you could say what your amp is maybe other cable could be suggested.

Cheers

John

PS --- Just saw your post after I posted mine.

Last edited:
Hi,

A friend of mine is trying some Belden cable for speakers but it is not sold as speaker cable.

I can try and find out what it is, he is rather busy at the minute, he has done some technical tests on a lot of cables and found this gave better results than a very expensive well known audio cable at about 20 times the price.

So it could be the cable you have is not been sold as speaker cable from Belden but is cable from another part of their catalogue.

If you could say what your amp is maybe other cable could be suggested.

Cheers

John

PS --- Just seen your post after I posted mine.

Thanks.

It’s a First Watt M2. Into Tannoy Chatsworths.

Looks like there is a 12AWG tinned copper cable in the current lineup.

Still interested to know about your friend’s findings though.

advertisement

Back