advertisement

Help - Connecting a Musical Fidelity V-Link II Box to an iMac ?

-alan-

pfm Member
I used to play Spotify on an old Laptop and connect it through a Linn Karik/Numerik to get decent hifi output from it. Recently tried connecting it to an iMac instead, but can't seem to get any output.

The Mac can see the V-Link - it comes up on the audio output menu within the System preferences - and I have switched from the internal speakers.
- When I do this, I get the green indicator light labelled 'Lock' on the V-Link box coming on to signify, it has made at least some sort of connection - but still no sound.

When I set it up to connect it to the other machine previously, somebody very kindly steered me through changing some of the output parameters on the laptop to make sure the two devices could talk to one another.

Is there anything else I can/need to do to the iMac to let it communicate with the Linn through the V-Link ?

Sorted :)

If anybody else ever has the problem - there's an Audio Devices Midi App feature on the Mac that allows you to configure the output for various audio devices. Change the format of the 2 ch 24 bit integer to either 44.1 or 48 kHz. Then it works.

advertisement

Back