advertisement

Help claiming import charges back

eastone

pfm Member
Has anyone else had to claim back import charges from the EU this year?

I returned a DAC to the Netherlands after a 30day trial and was refunded, and am now looking to recoup the rest - almost £200.

The form asks for all sorts of info that I don’t have or frankly understand. I could ask the manufacturer but not sure that they have what I need and tbh they are really crap at communication. It wasn’t a happy transaction.

I have the manufacturers EORI number but it asks for a GB EORI?

Translate for me please!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-repayment-or-remission-of-import-duties-c285-chief

You are a far braver man than I, taking that one on in the first place.......

Good luck, but I can't beleive that your task will be either short or sweet.

Getting a UK EORI number as a private individual shouldnt be too difficult but I wouldn't have thought you'd need one to be fair. You should have 90 days to file for a refund....I think!

You are a far braver man than I, taking that one on in the first place.......

Good luck, but I can't beleive that your task will be either short or sweet.

...or foolish.

I wasn’t expecting to return it. I had a similar earlier model and liked it a lot, but this later model just sounded wrong... I should have known better.

Getting a UK EORI number as a private individual shouldnt be too difficult but I wouldn't have thought you'd need one to be fair. You should have 90 days to file for a refund....I think!

Thanks. So do you think I should just submit proof of the purchase / return?

My commiserations.
I have waded through private individual import/export BS before, but I suspect that that may have been trivial compared to the current EU/Brexit/duty/VAT total fiasco.

Thanks. So do you think I should just submit proof of the purchase / return?

I'm not sure I'm afraid.....it can't hurt getting an EORI number if it helps grease the wheels. There's a form you need to complete but I can't remember the number/code of the paperwork, I'll check tomorrow.

I'm not sure I'm afraid.....it can't hurt getting an EORI number if it helps grease the wheels. There's a form you need to complete but I can't remember the number/code of the paperwork, I'll check tomorrow.

Looks straightforward to get the EORI in fact... should be instant.

Edit - got it already!

I've got an EORI number for the business which is a variation of my VAT number, not sure how it works privately. It may just be a randomly assigned number but easy enough to get. I think the form for the refund is a C285.

I've got an EORI number for the business which is a variation of my VAT number, not sure how it works privately. It may just be a randomly assigned number but easy enough to get. I think the form for the refund is a C285.

That’s the one.

Looks like i now need to contact DHL for the EMU and Customs Entry number, which I need to complete C285... a form C88 or E2 apparently.

advertisement

Back