advertisement

Help - Budget Mobile Phone that's not HUGE!

S-Man

StrivingON
Looking for a new mobile for Mrs S.
Max budget ~£150.
Android strongly preferred. Bloatware free desirable.
Used for text, phone calls, www, email. No games, music or videos.

But the killer spec is size! We have decided it should be up to about the same size as my iPhone 6S (140 X 70).

Really struggling to find something. Any suggestions?

Looking for a new mobile for Mrs S.
Max budget ~£150.
Android strongly preferred. Bloatware free desirable.
Used for text, phone calls, www, email. No games, music or videos.

But the killer spec is size! We have decided it should be up to about the same size as my iPhone 6S (140 X 70).

Really struggling to find something. Any suggestions?

Google Pixel 3A

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-P...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

You're welcome :)

However, the Samsung A5 2017 is still a good phone; will do all that's required and can be expended with a microSD card if more storage is needed (photos etc):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Sams...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Both the above

It does seem that mobiles have evolved from huge bricks to neat easily pocketable matchboxes ...back to huge bricks.
Do a lot more these days though, if that's what you want one for!

I have had a Motorola and now a Nokia and both have been fine but the Nokia has the edge. If battery life is an issue the Motorola was exceptionally good and would last days between charges.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Good suggestions. Slightly concerned about the state of a 2017 battery though.

For very day use it's fine, it'll last all day no issues, always did for my wife and that's with her glued to her WhatsApp groups :D

I'd personally go the Pixel; yes its more, but it's a belting phone and still well supported

Both the above

It does seem that mobiles have evolved from huge bricks to neat easily pocketable matchboxes ...back to huge bricks.
Do a lot more these days though, if that's what you want one for!

Agree; I've had them all too...

Gone from a Galaxy Note 10 Plus to an iPhone 11 Pro Max to a Samsung Note 21 Ultra and now back to a Pixel 4XL and it's by far the best phone IMO

Ok; the Samsungs have superb screens and iPhones are great if you're part of the Apple 'matrix' which I am (but do not like iPhones); but the Pixel is just superb. Fantastic camera; great usability & functionality and will always get the Android updates first...

I keep mine in a wallet style case, it's replaced my wallet for most normal days. A phone, a debit card, a tenner for emergencies.

My first smart phone was a Google something or other. It was very very good, but I dropped it and broke the screen and it wasn't worth fixing due to low residual value.

My present phone is a Samsung A3 2016. It's small but capable.and over 5 years old. The battery started failing so I bought one from eBay..along with some tools for opening the phone etc. Battery about £12 and tools.. maybe £3. ( It is not supposed to have a replaceable battery) In reality, the glass back is easy to remove using plastic tools similar to guitar plectrums... plus some patience. Swap out battery, replace the fine double sided tape which sticks the glass back on and.... Job done.

It gets a bit slow now and then but a clean up fixes that. I'll keep it till it dies.

I got Mrs Mull a Galaxy A10 last year around June. For somebody who 'wasn't interested' in Smart Phones.. she's barely been off the bloody thing since. I think it was about £120..

...A small price to pay for having her otherwise occupied and mostly silent....;)

advertisement

Back