advertisement

[FS] Hegel H590 integrated amp DAC / streamer

Martin hifi

pfm Member
A very decent Hegel H590 amp /DAC combo
boxed in mint condition for sale

Photos will be added over next few days.
it is in black so looks like every other Hegel H590 in black that is in mint condition.

Collection only from Scarborough payment via bank transfer
I purchased this ex dem from Striktly Stereo a few months back for £6500 have the receipt
great amp that showed me how good digital can sound, which has made me decide to just go digital
for my main listening . I am wanting a chord Dave Dac in black if you have one that is boxed in mint condition , i would be interested in a strait trade/swap

will accept £6000 you won’t find a better one anywhere for 6k

I had the h390 previously and can tell you the difference between the 2 is massive especially if using the Dac it,s in a different league altogether. Just using the amp it isnt just louder with more imputs it has a lot more meat to the sound in general again in a different league.
If your considering buying a new H 390. Do yourself a favour and get a used h590 instead for a small amount extra.

Last edited:
One of these was the backbone to my personal 'best in show' system at the NW Audio Show at the weekend. Phenomenal performer and has had me really thinking about DACs.

I'm a Chord DAVE owner (not up for swap by the way!), but based on what I heard over the weekend, you might find a DAVE doesn't actually lift things beyond what you have. I was amazed at how good it sounded.

GLWS and have a bump on me.

One of these was the backbone to my personal 'best in show' system at the NW Audio Show at the weekend. Phenomenal performer and has had me really thinking about DACs.

I'm a Chord DAVE owner (not up for swap by the way!), but based on what I heard over the weekend, you might find a DAVE doesn't actually lift things beyond what you have. I was amazed at how good it sounded.

Thanks for the info 'I'm close to just trying a chord Hugo tt2 although i hate the look of it , it may not be a Dave but told is has a similar sound and for my desk it fits better were ill be using it as a headphone amp. See how i get on but i may end up keeping the Hegel as a lot depends on how good the Hugo or a Dave would be partnered withy the right power amp. I'm stumped on what power amp to try and have no dealers near me so loaning stuff is out of the question hence ive been a bit of a box swapper. I do think if i move the Hegel on i may regret it but it has far mor inputs and power than i need,. I previously had a Hegel H390 i thought was good but the H590 is in another league even if I don't use the power or inputs the sound is just so much better.

For me, the true benefits of DAVE come to light when used without a separate pre, but other's may (and do) feel different. Chord's own room at the Show on Sunday used a DAVE and their ultima integrated into some Kudos 505s. That should have been a world class system, but it sounded lifeless and wasn't a patch on the room with the Hegel using the Hegel's internal DAC (innuous transport and Kef Reference 1s btw). But then one of the other standout rooms at the show was Kudos' own room, which used innuos into another DAVE/ultima combo and Kudos 707s, so go figure!

The point is, system matching, room, source etc are always going to be just as (more?) important than just a DAC. But you knew that.

As an aside, if you are ever passing the East Midlands, feel free to bring over your Hegel for a DAVE vs Hegel DAC-off!!

For me, the true benefits of DAVE come to light when used without a separate pre, but other's may (and do) feel different. Chord's own room at the Show on Sunday used a DAVE and their ultima integrated into some Kudos 505s. That should have been a world class system, but it sounded lifeless and wasn't a patch on the room with the Hegel using the Hegel's internal DAC (innuous transport and Kef Reference 1s btw). But then one of the other standout rooms at the show was Kudos' own room, which used innuos into another DAVE/ultima combo and Kudos 707s, so go figure!

The point is, system matching, room, source etc are always going to be just as (more?) important than just a DAC. But you knew that.

As an aside, if you are ever passing the East Midlands, feel free to bring over your Hegel for a DAVE vs Hegel DAC-off!!
Thanks for the offer it’s a shame I’m miles away in sunny scarborough so not really possible. I don’t think the amp in the Dave can compete with the Hegel as a pre maybe but not as a main source. I’m going for a Hugo tt2 to try the water . See we’re I go from there . I’m in no rush to sell and may change my mind.

Thanks for the offer it’s a shame I’m miles away in sunny scarborough so not really possible. I don’t think the amp in the Dave can compete with the Hegel as a pre maybe but not as a main source. I’m going for a Hugo tt2 to try the water . See we’re I go from there . I’m in no rush to sell and may change my mind.

Scarborough - I like the place - I stayed at the Grand Hotel which is nice and cheap (appreciating it has its limitations but it has charm)- I had never been to Scarborough before but will return now that I have been and enjoyed the stay. Probably be back there in a few Weeks time.

you might find a DAVE doesn't actually lift things beyond what you have. I was amazed at how good it sounded.

This x 1000.

Martin, if I may … you’ve been thrashing around, buying and selling like mad, potentially losing big money in the process. You’ve come to a big decision in selling up your vinyl front end to settle with digital.

You have an amazing bit of kit in the Hegel, a TEN THOUSAND POUND amp/dac. You’ve said yourself it sounds brilliant.

So keep it and enjoy it!

Enjoy what you have. Make it about the music and not the kit for a change. Live with the Hegel for 6 months, and if you aren’t satisfied at that point then consider selling it.

Get out of this kit swapping cycle. Ultimately, It’s not a productive process. Ask me how I know :)

Last edited:
This x 1000.

Martin, if I may … you’ve been thrashing around, buying and selling like mad, potentially losing big money in the process. You’ve come to a big decision in selling up your vinyl front end to settle with digital.

You have an amazing bit of kit in the Hegel, a TEN THOUSAND POUND amp/dac. You’ve said yourself it sounds brilliant.

So keep it and enjoy it!

Enjoy what you have. Make it about the music and not the kit for a change. Live with the Hegel for 6 months, and if you aren’t satisfied at that point then consider selling it.

Get out of this kit swapping cycle. Ultimately, It’s not a productive process. Ask me how I know :)
I've gone for a Hugo tt2 to run through the Hegel see what I think and it will be used as a headphone amp/dac in another room as well.
I don't like the look of it to much but for desk use its about the best I can find or afford. basically swapped my turntable for the dac and some very good headphones, which even if they don't sound as good as my vinyl they will be used more which is important.

For the time being I am withdrawing this from sale, as much as it is overkill for my needs I don't know if I could live with a lesser sounding amp, to date it's the best amp I've heard in the flesh let alone own.
I've made enough rash decisions and regretted it, not going to add this one to the list just yet.

advertisement

Back