advertisement

Hegel H390 goes AWOL

Strictly Stereo

Trade: Strictly Stereo
I sent a used Hegel H390 to a customer in London on Thursday. It should have been delivered on Friday, but was held up at the hub. Now it appears to have been delivered to an address in Coventry instead, on Saturday night. If anyone is offered a used one or spots one advertised somewhere, please could you let me know? Thanks in advance.

FFS, how do delivery companies manage this? They should just pay up for this, their incompetence is irrefutable. Believe it or not, I’ve had an extremely rare XTC transport/DAC go missing en route to me (18 years ago, I never found another pair), an ex demo Linn LK140 delivered to the wrong address (dealership came good and replaced it for me since they had more than one in stock), and my Cyrus CDXT SE+ was also delivered to the wrong address after repair at Cyrus... Cyrus managed to get them to recover it from the address it’d been dropped at and I got it back a couple of days later... with the box punctured and a fin broken off the top case... straight back to Cyrus for a new top case.:rolleyes:

I hope you get this sorted!

There are many genuine reasons for glits
You should see some of the customer incompetence we in the industry have to deal with daily.

I have no doubt. This piece was sent in the original packaging (a 58 x 58 x 29 cm brown cardboard box with Hegel branding printed on it in black) with a pre-printed A5 self-adhesive shipping label stuck to the box. I send parcels out like this every day and I have not experienced this particular issue before. My address and the recipients address were both clearly marked on the label. Neither address is in Coventry, which is where the tracking information says it was delivered at 7pm on Saturday evening.

There are many genuine reasons for glits
You should see some of the customer incompetence we in the industry have to deal with daily.
I’ve no doubt, I’ve just been on the receiving end of screw ups quite a few times, it gets on your tits. I have some trusted carriers and some less trusted ones, I’ve never had any issues with Parcelforce, UPS or Hermes (despite the reputation), I use Parcelforce and UPS for high value items and Hermes for lower value items.

Just a quick word of advice to everybody Shipping a high value product ALWAYS Black shrink wrap your packaging never leave prestige branding clearly visible.

In this case, this top tier carrier expressly forbids the use of shrink wrap and specifies cardboard only.

UPS were my first choice back in the day when I was shipping stuff. As I’m out in the sticks I usually called my local depot to say I’d drop the packages into them, this was before they offered a local drop off point.

I Remember a tv show about lost luggage being sold by airlines at auction even though the owners details were inside the bags! I guess they felt it was less hassle to pay on insurance than label and ship it to to UK owners!

I ordered a printer cartridge last week around 4.50pm and it was delivered foc the following morning by 10am via DPD. The driver even stuck a note through the door to say he’d left it in a shed outside. I was just out the shower and caught him passing my front window at which point he popped round the back of the house got the package and handed it to me through my window.

Been in the game over 30 years I have never heard of a single shipment refused due to the use of shrink Wrap !

Nevertheless, it is printed in black and white in the footer of the shipping label, along with a tariff of surcharges for shipping packages in plastic wrap. I find this completely baffling given that carriers insist that palletised deliveries are wrapped in plastic.

My address and the recipients address were both clearly marked on the label. Neither address is in Coventry, which is where the tracking information says it was delivered at 7pm on Saturday evening.

You have clear case for the insurance i presume? (shit that this is the case, but hopefully you're fully covered!)

You have clear case for the insurance i presume? (shit that this is the case, but hopefully you're fully covered!)

That is not really the issue here. My first priority is to get an amplifier to the customer. Unfortunately, this particular example is second hand. I could replace it with a brand new one, but this model is in short supply at the moment so sourcing a new one could take a couple of weeks or perhaps longer. My second priority, but still important to me, is understanding how a top tier carrier which I use every day can deliver a package to an address in an entirely different city to the one on the address label.

My understanding is the no shrink-wrap rule is to stop customers from wrapping clear shrink-wrap over the shipping label as this makes the Barcodes difficult to scan.
TS

What makes you think the recipient wont contact the carrier and report its delivered to the wrong address?

I am not sure what you are getting at. The carrier's own tracking information states that the package was delivered to Coventry. The customer is in London.

I reckon they have just put the wrong label on from the courier end.

I received some wheels is error by a company, they were meant to go someone in Germany.

advertisement

Back