advertisement

Hedd ‘Main Towers’ arrive!

‘Hedd’ is Klaus Heinz’ new loudspeaker venture, formerly Klaus was the founder and chief engineer for Adam loudspeakers.
The Hedd ‘Tower Mains’ are full range studio monitors , they are an all out
‘State of the Art’ design , modular in design, they consist of the main TM80 unit, which is combined with either one or two TMS36 bass units.
Each TMS consist of four 8” drivers in a sealed enclosure.

Keith

I received a couple of questions asking whether the top bass module ( consisting of 4 x 8” drivers) is really necessary, it isn’t, I suspect that for most rooms and ‘normal’ volumes the main TMS 80 ( air motion tweeter, two 120mm upper mods two 182 midrange drivers) and one TM80 ( 4 v 8” bass drivers) is more than adequate!
Keith

A gloss black pair of these will arrive at Purité Audio soon!
Hedd Audio’s ‘Tower Mains’ main studio monitors .

Keith

Hedd ‘main towers’ arrive at Purité Audio soon, black gloss finish like this pair demonstrated at the Munich Hi-End.

Keith

Purité Audio’s first pair of Hedd’s superb ‘Tower Mains’ arrive next week, we choose the sophisticated black gloss finish , pictured above and the full extended tower option, ( three modules and 26 drivers in total ) photographs to follow.
Keith

After a short hiatus Hedd’s ‘Towers Main’ arrive here early next week, they are active , ( 26 drivers in total) but don’t have on board DACs/ad so I am going to use the Mola-Mola ‘Tambaqui ‘ which is ROON ready.
So the entire system will be Roon ‘Nucleus’, Tambaqui and Hedd’s Mains.
Keith

Two thirds of the way there,TMS36 subwoofer on the bottom TM80 main unit seated on that, just another 36 unit to sit on top.

Keith

Hedd’s standard Main Tower which consists of a TMS 36 subwoofer and the main TM80 unit has a recommended retail price of £16k inc vat.
The extended Main Towers, pictured below ( two TMS36 units) are £24k in standard dark grey.
Additional colours are available at a small extra charge .

keith

I don’t think the UK can get enough huge, expensive, monolithic tower speakers - should sell well...

Mark, I have always been interested in the cutting edge, I wanted to hear what a contemporary ‘main monitor’ sounded like, Klaus Heinz ( formerly CTO with Adam) has a fine reputation in the industry, Klaus states the ‘Main Towers’ are the finest sounding loudspeakers he has designed.
I don’t expect to sell many pairs but for a customer who requires absolute dynamics and the Towers really are dynamic then these could be perfect.
From the Hedd site,
‘Modern Main Monitoring Systems have to be cost-effective and flexible enough to work in every possible studio environment. That’s why we designed the HEDD Tower Mains with a modular approach in mind.

They consist of one main unit (TM 80) that can be combined with either 1 or 2 subwoofers per channel. Each sub incorporates 4 drivers in a closed box design and 1.200 W of amplification. The Tower Mains components can be arranged flexibly, depending on the size and geometries of your working space. Due to a sophisticated filter design, you always will have a seamless transition and homogeneous sound: spectacular analog performance meets great versatility.

In the search for precision it was decided to apply closed box designs only as they principally allow the best approximation to ideal transient behaviour. The 3 dB lower efficiency compared to ported designs is compensated and even exceeded by having multiple drivers and enormous amplifier power. The TM 80 main unit with its five speakers in a vertically symmetrical alignment – a quasi d’Appolito configuration with the HEDD Air Motion Transformer as the centerpiece – delivers broad horizontal dispersion but a controlled vertical directivity. Thus unwanted reflexions from the ground or the ceiling are reduced.

The TM 80 is driven by 3x 300 W amplifiers with a response down to 80 Hz. The matching TMS 36 subwoofer comes with four 9” no-compromise long throw drivers and 1.200 W of amplifier power – 300 W per woofer to be more specific. Back to back sitting drivers compensate their impact to the enclosure thus avoiding cabinet resonances, their frequency response starts at 20 Hz (-3 dB) and stops at 80 Hz (-6 dB). The TMS 36 Subwoofer delivers an astounding transient response up to very high SPL levels.’
Keith

advertisement

Back