Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearing loss woes and aids?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Moppit, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

I got Ramsey hunt syndrome, following getting shingles from crohns immune suppressant therapy. This causes nerve damage/palsy to parts of face and inner ear, in my case numb left cheek, weepy left eye and end of tongue has no sensation. Got a audio flat spot around 70hz on left, luckily only really noticeable after shingles attacks, and permanent tinitus, tho bearable as more background noise than foreground. Tho how you assess something so ephemeral Is of course problematic. I can’t turn up the wick any more, the next day would be a tinnitus blizzard.
    I find if having bad day I turn off everything inc phone and go monklike, silence/rest helps.

2. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

I've found retraining helps, i think i automatically concentrate more and the distorted volumes are much further away.

Always been bad in noisy environments and i partly put that down to my fairly solitary lifestyle. Most day to day interactions are over the phone so i have not gained any subconscious lip reading skills.

Del monaco likes this.