advertisement

Heard Linkwitz Orion's...

jonno, I am an owner/builder of the Orion 3.2.1. The ASP active cross overs have just been revised requiring another purchase of a handfull of resistors and caps to further retune/shape the speakers response. As an owner, of course I'm going to tell you that they are great speakers; they may be the last speakers I ever buy. So why would you listen to me?

Her's what John Atkinson, editor of Stereophile, in his coverage of the Axpona show in Atlanta has to say about the "new" Orions:
http://www.stereophile.com/category/axpona-2011

I'm not complaining about the recent multiple revisions to the ASP. It appeals to the diy in me. Each change adjusts the voicing of the speakers and educates me in how it's done. The teacher is Siegfried Linkwitz, a qualified engineer (Linkwitz-Riley Crossover) and explained quite well.

The speakers are relatively expensive but if they are the last speakers I'll buy, then they save me from buy a multitude of lesser speakers over the long haul.

Sound? Close your eyes and you are convincingly in the venue of the recording (if the recording was done well).

advertisement

Back