Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Health benefits of listening to real hifi

Discussion in 'audio' started by Devonian, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Devonian

Devonian Pursuing my ultimate musical orgasm

2. SimonB

SimonB pfm Member

Whilst it has it's place. please remember that our bodies will adapt to the demands we place on it. If you sit or lie around all day it will be fit for nothing.

Possibly this could be a heath warning on Audio Visual equipment along the lines of "Only to be taken as part of a healthy natural diet." or some such.

Simon

Got it
    This product can be beneficial reliever of stress when used in conjunction with a fit active life style. This Statement does not constitute medical advice.

3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Surely "this Statement statement..." If applied to Naim.

4. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

Well I certainly felt better when I finally gave up trying to turn my LP12 into an accurate music reproduction device and bought a decent CD player!!

5. steveledzep

steveledzep pfm Member

I get relaxation and stress relief with exercise too !! Can't be bad!

I'll turn the record over now :)

6. Minio

Minio Not flakey and never soggy ...

I would advise getting into vinyl as it is a physical style of listening.

You don't just sit and listen, there are all sorts of activities such as looking for lps, removing them from the covers, cueing, cleaning and so on and so on.

7. Octavian

Octavian pfm Member

Surely everyone remembers Dr. Diamond and digital stress?

http://www.drjohndiamond.com/digital/717-human-stress-provoked-by-digitized-recordings

From the site:

I find the "vegetarians ate hamburgers" part deeply touching.

8. Devonian

Devonian Pursuing my ultimate musical orgasm

Also remember, when you're trying to woo the Mrs after a good night out, good hifi helps stimulate body parts that other audio systems cannot reach! Proven fact!!

9. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

I think that might be more like an ad for portable music players as worn by runners, joggers, and others. And not an i in sight. :D

10. SimonB

SimonB pfm Member

Possibly, but you try moving a Naim 6 pack.. I am sure a sweat would quickly ensue.

Simon

11. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Plus the weight loss as you sweat from being covered head to toe in soft, tight, black....

12. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

You'd be entitled to a sitdown and a small refreshment after that though. ;)

13. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

Vinyl is the best recipe for fitness just shift 300 LPs around a few times lol -

14. GeoffH

GeoffH Member

I plop the treadmill in the sweetspot and sweat to the oldies.

15. diybry

diybry pfm Member

I find a good hifi results in slimming around areas such as the wallet. And I don't even have to listen to gain this benefit