advertisement

Headshell Recommendations

oldius

Manchester City, dogs, family and food.
I am looking for a headshell to be fitted with an Audio Technica 0C9ii.
What would your recommendations be? Ideally, I would like adjustability for azimuth and effective length.

I use an AT MG10 with my OC9 and OC5. I also have an Orsonic which is fully adjustable.

Technics TPBGA003, Jelco HS-20/25/30 and Ortofon LH have Azimuth.

What TT/Arm do you have - you'll need to work out how heavy you want.

It is an AT1010 with a Sony TTS8000. I have an AT MS-9 headshell on an AT-ART-1 cartridge but I'd like to interchange so I'm looking for a similar headshell with equal adjustability.

AT’s own AT-LH13H or the 15 or 18 all made specifically for the OC range I had the 15 now I use the 13. Big jump in sound compared to the Jelco I had before.

This is the first time I have had a detachable headshell tonearm. What is the advantage in having additional headshell weight? I can only imagine a possible benefit in the counterweight sitting further back on the arm tube.

This is the first time I have had a detachable headshell tonearm. What is the advantage in having additional headshell weight? I can only imagine a possible benefit in the counterweight sitting further back on the arm tube.

Ever since I had an Audiomods arm with the additional head weights, I 'discovered' MC's sound better with increased effective mass. I now have Mission Mechanic (16g) and Fidelity research FR64fx (20g) which are naturally heavier and IMO sound great. I add 3g brass bolts to SME 4 to add weight. YMMV

advertisement

Back