advertisement

Headphones for a big head..

Well, I've now got a pair of HiFiMan Sundara's and just can't get them to sit comfortably - too heavy on the top of my head.
So a pair of K702's are on their way. Let's see what happens....

Well, I've now got a pair of HiFiMan Sundara's and just can't get them to sit comfortably - too heavy on the top of my head.
So a pair of K702's are on their way. Let's see what happens....

I have tried my new Sundara’s on, I can’t feel the heaviness - but the clamping force is a lot more than the Edition XS.

What did the Sundara’s sound like for you, Steveinspain?

I have tried my new Sundara’s on, I can’t feel the heaviness - but the clamping force is a lot more than the Edition XS.

What did the Sundara’s sound like for you, Steveinspain?
Well I've only had them playing music for a few hours (maybe 15) and of those only maybe 20 minutes on my head so they aren't broken in but they sounded easy, open, no hf nasties, but I'm not in a good place to judge really..!
The comfort or lack of was so quick to hit that half a song at a time isn't much to go on.

Sadly the Sundara's have been returned and I now have a pair of AKG 702's which weigh much less so I can actually wear them - so far I've only had the chance to try them for half an hour via my phone so no judgement about the way they sound except that it's brighter, less dark than the Sundara's (which were straight from the box, so not run in)
I have an ifi hip dac2 to try as well when I get time.
So, fellow big heads, the 702's are one for your list if you are struggling to find a good fit.

advertisement

Back