advertisement

Hats

I don a sage green baseball cap when outdoors, to prevent skin cancer on my scalp.

It's time for a new one, my present one has developed a sticky texture.

Hi I love hats would highly recommend an akubra I've had one since visiting Australia in 87 it's still going strong. Also had some very useful hats from Barbour.

I don a sage green baseball cap when outdoors, to prevent skin cancer on my scalp.

It's time for a new one, my present one has developed a sticky texture.
Easy fix, wash it. Either the brim will be plastic reinforced, in which case happy days, or cars, I which case it's done for. I've washed baseball caps, indeed one I found in the sea. It's from a Greek taxi company.

Easy fix, wash it. Either the brim will be plastic reinforced, in which case happy days, or cars, I which case it's done for. I've washed baseball caps, indeed one I found in the sea. It's from a Greek taxi company.

I'll try that after I've obtained a replacement, just in case the worst happens.

My GF is less than impressed with this hat -one of a number of thrift store "finds" that she wishes she could have been in the shop to prevent the purchase :) . But look at the travel hat on RealDealBrazil.com . Since my Stetson went on walkabout -this has become my dog walking hat. A charitable description would describe it a pre-distressed. While SWMBO'd is not impressed -she who should obey has quickly adopted this as a object that elicits dog ballet, tail waging and generalized joy -we are headed for the neighbors field behind the house (rabbits john-hot n cold runnin RABBITS!). Four times a day a happy long dog. I suspect this hat will outlast me by a decade or two.It keeps the sun off -and mesquites off my bald pate-ya ---probably outright ugly.Price even new is reasonable (outa be -given what it's made from).

I think I might be more pork pie than fedora. A pork pie feels a bit more jazz.
Here is Serge modelling his favoured faux-leather pork pie.

52271492221_b706df50f8.jpg

Most of the times I wear a hat is when out dog walking and the choice of hat varies according to the weather. I've a lightweight Tilley that is good when it's sunny and/or windy, various baseball caps (mostly from distilleries) and another Tilley style one (can't recall if that's a real Tilley or not) that's waterproof. I've also got a Panama one but only really wear that on holiday. Oh, and I've a tweed flat cap as well - also mostly used when dog walking. I think I've also got a Stetson somewhere, bought on a work trip to Texas but probably never actually worn outside.

The baseball caps probably get the most use e.g.:
171301253.1sSCL58t.jpg

I just don't suit any kind of hat, I wish I did. I wear a Docker Cap (suits me slightly better than a Beanie) in the winter when I'm out early in the morning and I have a straw hat for extended periods of sun, mainly on holiday.

Cheers BB

Tarphat is pretty much the same as the hats sold by realdealbrazil,com for around the same money. both co. products fall into the utilitarian end of hatwear -but interesting that tarphat offers a lot of bands and accessories for their hat.

I love porkpies, both hats and comestibles. I bought a fantastic one in Madrid - there’s a hat shop just up from Puerta del Sol

Sale on at Village Hats. Couldn’t resist adding a new trilby to the collection. OK, they call it a fedora, but by my totally arbitrary standard (brim under 2” wide) it’s a trilby.

I’ve bought many hats over the years. Never worn any for more than 10 minutes. Hats either suit you or they don’t.

I have a Panama hat which is worn a lot. I got called Henry Blofeld and had to Google him.

finding a pork pie hat in xl has proven tricky

Were I braver I would be rocking this classic….

MDAtMjAzNC5qcGVn.jpeg

advertisement

Back