1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Has the used car world gone mad? E39 M5.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Aluminium front suspension might need more than a rub down. Multilink rear will need a complete rebuild at least. Lots of sensors will need replacing.
    Yes, for a pro or very keen amateur, there’s the possibility of money in that if £6k is the purchase price, but as soon as you need to pay for help it’s bye bye profit, and another unfinished project on the market.

The advert said for spares. I’d agree.

2. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

I know my mind works in an odd manner but to me the title says eighties Leica with a pre war screw lens adaptor.

avole likes this.
  3. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

These two have bought it, soon be on the road.

[​IMG]

4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Basically, if Munich Legends won't take a punt on getting it up to A1 spec and selling it for an arm and a leg, it's basically a shed. Chances are that like many E39s it's got terminal rot and ask yourself, why has it been sat there with 60k on the clock? Answer, the engine's FUBAR. If you think you can fix all of that and turn a profit selling it £25k, buoyant E39 market or not, fill your boots.

5. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Then I'd have a Montego (sic) all day long in this colour :

[​IMG]

hifilover1979 likes this.
  6. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

It's just that he'd not be saying 'old out yer 'and at 9200 smackers

7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

If that's being sold by Hexagon, it'll be, what, £30k?

8. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

9. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Same period, but 10 years ahead in looks and now about half the price of the M5.

[​IMG]

Soz, I don't get the M5 at all. I didn't realize they had got so collectable either, I guess based on the V engine?

I'll spend 13 on the M3, you spend 25 on that. Everybody happy.

Ginger and Rack Kit like this.
  10. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I don't think those two will be doing anything together any time soon.

11. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Duly amended :

[​IMG]

12. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Mike sums up everything I don't like in a certain group of people, all mouth with no discernible skills. Basically Soylent Green in waiting.

Joe likes this.
  13. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Please stop posting pictures of him, the urge to punch the screen can only be contained up to a point.

hifilover1979 and AV8 like this.
  14. avole

avole The wise never post on Internet forums

Oh, thank goodness ! I thought I was the only one !

15. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member