advertisement

Has the used car world gone mad? E39 M5.

Aluminium front suspension might need more than a rub down. Multilink rear will need a complete rebuild at least. Lots of sensors will need replacing.
Yes, for a pro or very keen amateur, there’s the possibility of money in that if £6k is the purchase price, but as soon as you need to pay for help it’s bye bye profit, and another unfinished project on the market.

The advert said for spares. I’d agree.

These two have bought it, soon be on the road.

Wheeler-Dealers-TV-show-on-Velocity-season-13-canceled-or-renewed-533x400.jpg

Aluminium front suspension might need more than a rub down. Multilink rear will need a complete rebuild at least. Lots of sensors will need replacing.
Yes, for a pro or very keen amateur, there’s the possibility of money in that if £6k is the purchase price, but as soon as you need to pay for help it’s bye bye profit, and another unfinished project on the market.

The advert said for spares. I’d agree.

Basically, if Munich Legends won't take a punt on getting it up to A1 spec and selling it for an arm and a leg, it's basically a shed. Chances are that like many E39s it's got terminal rot and ask yourself, why has it been sat there with 60k on the clock? Answer, the engine's FUBAR. If you think you can fix all of that and turn a profit selling it £25k, buoyant E39 market or not, fill your boots.

Then I'd have a Montego (sic) all day long in this colour :

bmw-m5-m5-S3585915-1.jpg
Same period, but 10 years ahead in looks and now about half the price of the M5.

47343809622_04a8021b40.jpg

Soz, I don't get the M5 at all. I didn't realize they had got so collectable either, I guess based on the V engine?

I'll spend 13 on the M3, you spend 25 on that. Everybody happy.

Mike sums up everything I don't like in a certain group of people, all mouth with no discernible skills. Basically Soylent Green in waiting.

Reactions: Joe

advertisement

Back