advertisement

[FS] Harptone E-6N 1970 American string Dreadnought

monstrous lie

Infinitely Baffled
This is quite a rare piece of vintage Americana.
Harptone produced a small range of high quality mid-price guitars for a few years in the late 60s and early 70s. The range was designed by the legendary Sam Koontz and built under his supervision in New Jersey USA by a highly skilled workforce, several of whom were recruited from the Guild Guitar Company, who were going through a reorganisation at the time.
Spruce top and laminated mahogany back and sides, with an interesting sculpted back which is entirely without bracing. The result is a rich, ringing voice, typical of an American-built dreadnought. Harptones were used by George Harrison (see footage of the Bangladesh concert) and David Bowie (generally a twelve-string, I think). They are little-known but highly appreciated (by a few) guitars.
This one is in excellent condition. There are one or two superficial blemishes in the lacquer coat, some discolouration in the back of the neck from hand/palm contact, a little checking of the gloss on the table, but overall in very smart condition. Nice straight, slim mahogany neck with an easy "D" profile, clean rosewood fingerboard with little fret wear, unmarked (and slightly bonkers) headstock with original trapezoidal tuning pegs. There is a fine, original Harptone hard-case with the guitar, in smart and sound condition.
Lovely, mellow and easy-to-play authentic 60s/70s USA acoustic guitar for peanuts money. It's a shame in a way to part with it but I am more focused on my classical guitar now, and practising for the exams leaves little time for a steel string. There are plenty more photos if you are interested, but this is what it looks like. £600 plus carriage.
ML
CAjxdp3.jpg

GpQaTqO.jpg

EMGnzxM.jpg

advertisement

Back