Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Harbeth P3ESR in black ash

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by ThELiZ, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Selling these on behalf of a mate.

I’ve got them at my house at the moment, whilst I’m in between speakers, and they sound lovely.

Come with original packaging.

Excellent condition apart from one tiny nick on the top left edge of one of them.

£975 inc P&P (without insurance. Insurance will cost more)

£1000 with stands included if you can collect from Stroud, Gloucestershire. Cannot remember what the stands are, I think they might be Soundstyle. They fit the P3 perfectly.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

hifinutt likes this.
  2. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

3. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

4. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Up she goes

5. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Reduced to £900 + P&P

6. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

most odd these have not sold , seems always to be huge demand for them

7. Komarfamily

Komarfamily pfm Member

hi if I can collect them on the 10th or 11th July I will take them for 900 inc stands?

8. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

I was thinking the same thing!

9. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

He doesn’t want to accept less than £900, so if this was with the stands he’d feel like he was getting less than £900.

Could either do £900 collected or £925 with the stands.

10. Komarfamily

Komarfamily pfm Member

ok i can do 925 with the stands collected

11. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

Bargain.

Nagraboy likes this.
  12. Nagraboy

Nagraboy How’d all these people get in my room?

I’ll second that. No better speaker at this price IMO and I’ve bought two pairs brand new.

hifinutt likes this.
  13. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard pfm Member

I have a pair of black ash P3ESRs, I can’t imagine ever parting with them, unless I absolutely had too. Wonderful speakers that are a delight with many different types of music, also brilliant at low volumes. Mine are paired with Teddy Pardo MB100s, although I have a real itch to try them with a Leben CS300 amp :)

I am also amazed these haven’t sold already :eek:

14. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

15. TCar

TCar pfm Member

I wanted to let these sell before commenting. I am interested in some P3s to use with my cs300 but find black Ash the least desirable finish. I would be interested to see a breakdown of sales by finish. Horses for courses ofc but I suspect the harbeth crowd prefers the others over black. I would be happy to pay more for rosewood or even better eucalyptus. Even cherry if a standard finish. IMO ofc

Gingerbeard likes this.
  16. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

I’m sure you’re right there. I’m certainly in the camp that prefers the other finishes. However, these actually surprised me when I got them home and set up. The photos online do not do the finish justice. They look really nice in my room. The cabinet work is right up there with the best for fit and finish.

I actually prefer this finish to my cherry pair that I used to own. I always think of your cheap aiwa/eltax type finishes when I think of black ash. Certainly not how they are in reality!

Gingerbeard likes this.
  17. regafan

regafan pfm Member

I agree with The Eliz. I like the black Ash finish and prefer it over cherry and other premium finishes. Harbeth offer the monitor 20.1(same as ESR) to professional customers in black ash as their standard finish.

Gingerbeard likes this.
  18. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard pfm Member

I am not a fan of the cherry wood finish TBH, not only for these speakers, but in general, so would always steer away from this. Black Ash is also quite 80's but they don't look or feel it, very slick and like you say an excellent build quality. This finish also ties in with other furniture I have.

If I was a little bit further down the line with the setting-up of my business I would have had these, alas the timing isn't quite right. Good luck with the sale, I can't imagine they'll be around for long

Cheers

GB