advertisement

Happy Father's Day Dad

Similar here. My first wife and I are still great friends and she re married someone who used to work for me which I am chuffed about.
My mother was admitted to hospital 200 miles away and my ex had moved back there some time after we split. I went to see mum every weekend until she passed but my ex went in every day to comfort her. Forever in her debt.
That's a true friend.

I must say how heartwarming it was to read such nice stories of Father's Day celebrations, from both son and father. There is happiness to be gained from appreciating the joy of others.

Bit late to the party here for reasons which will become apparent...

Anyway.. My Dad died in 1976 at the young age of 56. For reasons I won't explore here.. we never were especially close... but were more so in his last couple of years. I don't recall whether we really did Father's Day.

I now have two Daughters.. 36 and 40 years old. They never fail to send a Father's Day card at minimum..and usually a gift. We don't do sloppy. Oldest and I still laugh at this one she sent me a few years ago. It's become a classic..and I love it..

61fpCA0vupL._AC_SL1371_.jpg

As to youngest. She's expecting her first child and our third Grandchild. So, I was delighted that she managed a nice bottle of wine and a card for me, plus a text chat.
What I didn't know was that she'd started into labour...
An hour or so ago she called Mrs Mull..who insists on having her phone on speaker so she doesn't have to have it 'frying her brain'....
What I heard was 'woman in labour' noises..
I deserve that bottle of wine. That's my little girl there....

Bit late to the party here for reasons which will become apparent...

Anyway.. My Dad died in 1976 at the young age of 56. For reasons I won't explore here.. we never were especially close... but were more so in his last couple of years. I don't recall whether we really did Father's Day.

I now have two Daughters.. 36 and 40 years old. They never fail to send a Father's Day card at minimum..and usually a gift. We don't do sloppy. Oldest and I still laugh at this one she sent me a few years ago. It's become a classic..and I love it..

As to youngest. She's expecting her first child and our third Grandchild. So, I was delighted that she managed a nice bottle of wine and a card for me, plus a text chat.
What I didn't know was that she'd started into labour...
An hour or so ago she called Mrs Mull..who insists on having her phone on speaker so she doesn't have to have it 'frying her brain'....
What I heard was 'woman in labour' noises..
I deserve that bottle of wine. That's my little girl there....

I hope all goes well for your daughter and next grandchild.
Happy Father's Day!

.sjb

My son came up with a card, some beers and my grandchildren. The oldest is here regularly but this was the first time my 2 year old granddaughter has visited. She liked the fish in my pond but really took a shine to one of my dogs. My German Shepherd has a thing with my grandson and rarely leaves his side when he is here but my granddaughter seems to prefer my (attention loving) Aussie, so it seems they have each chosen a dog. Having her here was the greatest gift. The most amusing was the blanket that covers my front door which is left open 24/7 at this time of year. The dogs understand but it seemed that my granddaughter didn’t. So when my Aussie took a walk outside she called for her and then got excited when she came back in.

My elder daughter bought me an HMHB album. Unfortunately it's one I already own (I own all of them!) so it's back to Amazon for a refund. Younger daughter is in Copenhagen at the moment but has promised a present on her return next month (I told her not to bother but she bought one anyway).

great pic. reminds me of a lad i went to School with. Hope he's still around.

Thanks. This picture of my Dad was taken at the age of fourteen in 1945.

Unfortunately he passed away in March 2013 at the age of 81. This is my Dad at 80 around seven months before he passed away -

23561871_1335758869884404_6249805101541277561_n.jpg

advertisement

Back