advertisement

Happy Father's Day Dad

Musicraft

Trade: Musicraft
Wishing my Dad a Happy Father's Day :)

204414747_3816991201761146_7453970584296970349_n.jpg

Great gifts from my two, box of beer, 6 bags of kiln dried sand and then 150 polystyrene cups and a ball of thick twine. Perfect

No kids and a father who passed away two years ago, so not exactly a special day in the Seeker household. :(
I didn't want to like your comment as it seemed heartless to do so. But as someone in the same position I sympathise. Having no children meant that Father's day was always about showing my appreciation for my dad, as he died 3 years ago it's left me bereft.

Yes, it is difficult for some. My dad died in 1993, and my lad did not come along until 2008, so I had a long gap...
Dad would have been 100 this Wednesday, so we (myself, wife & son & my 2 sisters & spouses) will visit his grave, raise a glass and eat some pork pie* to celebrate him!
* his favourite 'delicacy', after tripe, pigs trotter and cow heel, but they are not everyone favourite. He came from the time when you could not be too choosy.

51260768094_cc555b71b5_b.jpg

Yes, it is difficult for some. My dad died in 1993, and my lad did not come along until 2008, so I had a long gap...
Dad would have been 100 this Wednesday, so we (myself, wife & son & my 2 sisters & spouses) will visit his grave, raise a glass and eat some pork pie* to celebrate him!
* his favourite 'delicacy', after tripe, pigs trotter and cow heel, but they are not everyone favourite. He came from the time when you could not be too choosy.

He sounds like quite a character. It's nice to have a new tradition in his honour. I take a drink of scotch from the glass my ex and I gave him for his 80th.

I didn't want to like your comment as it seemed heartless to do so. But as someone in the same position I sympathise. Having no children meant that Father's day was always about showing my appreciation for my dad, as he died 3 years ago it's left me bereft.

Yes, "bereft" is quite a good description...

everyone's story is different. On my side of the family there has been no tradition of Fathers (or Mothers) day in any of the generations, so we don't do it on my side. My parents think it is marketing claptrap. My neice and nephew do it for my brother, but he hates it....

We chose to not have kids.

On my wife's side, my wife hates her abusive and manipulative father. He gets a birthday and Xmas card, and that is it. (her mother drank and smoked herself to death about 2 years ago)

Must quickly ad, I mention my ex as we are still good friends. She didn't leave my dad's side when we lost him, she spent 3 days rubbing his arm so he knew he wasn't alone. She is still a part of my family. What she did for dad was so selfless that I can't think of it without tears filling my eyes.

Must quickly ad, I mention my ex as we are still good friends. She didn't leave my dad's side when we lost him, she spent 3 days rubbing his arm so he knew he wasn't alone. She is still a part of my family. What she did for dad was so selfless that I can't think of it without tears filling my eyes.
Similar here. My first wife and I are still great friends and she re married someone who used to work for me which I am chuffed about.
My mother was admitted to hospital 200 miles away and my ex had moved back there some time after we split. I went to see mum every weekend until she passed but my ex went in every day to comfort her. Forever in her debt.

The usual humorous/witty cards from the girls - always a pleasure ( we do not do the gushing "What is a Mum/Dad?" type of card) - and the usual Sunday afternoon WhatsApp video call....complete with the usual interference from the cats!

There is a "stupendous" (my wife's words) Father's Day pressie somewhere in the delivery service, which may arrive before another "event" on Thursday (can't think what the event might be, but the number 67 may well be relevant!)

Last edited:

advertisement

Back