advertisement

happened to call into local auction house

kwmason

Won Ton On
And i picked up this - first time trying to insert images so hope it works

IMG-9948.jpg

IMG-9949.jpg

IMG-9950.jpg

...and I suppose you paid a tenner? I thought all those finds had disappeared long ago....

Odd combination of late 50's gear and console with amps no doubt replaced later with the late 60's early 70's Quad ones.

no i paid a fair price, was another person interested so bidding went fairly high - not sure it works yet, need some speaker cable and a connection between TT & pre-amp

A great piece of audio history.

Reminds me of one of my father's early setups. He started with Sugden BD1 turntable with a Leak Stereo 30 and Stereofetic. All housed in cabinet with a pull out hinged front, feeding a pair of Lowther Acoustas. The turntable was upgraded to a 401 with SME and Share V15 111. Later he got chassis only Linn Sondek!!! He soon got a proper plinth.

Nice find. Just right for an episode of Back In Time For Dinner and a living room with swirly wallpaper and carpet patterns.

I am jealous- Julian

does anyone know what the speaker plugs are i should use on these Wharfedale W3's - is it bfa plugs or 3mm bananas

If they are not actually 4mm 'banana' then they might be expecting 'Wander Plugs'. Just over 3mm, 1/8 of an inch I think.

Might be tricky to get hold of nowadays. In practice improvisation and care will sort you out even to the point of inserting the bare cable with a fold or bend to add some spring.

advertisement

Back