advertisement

Hania Rani - Jazz/Avante Garde Piano

More of a Max Richter sound maybe? Not as intense as Hania's solo work. Inner Symphonies is released tomorrow - Norman have already sold out, still available via Amazon and elsewhere in all probability -

Amazon link, though it looks like the vinyl has gone. I’ll likely grab the CD as I’ve been buying way too much vinyl of late!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I posted Music for Film and Theatre a couple of months ago, and thought I was pretty much on my own in liking Hania Rani. Now I've just seen this thread, doh.

I had to buy Esja and Home right after seeing this gorgeous Tim Georgeson film for the first time last year...

A mesmerising five minutes that looks great on a big screen.

Anyone got the Inner Symphonies vinyl? And if so, what is the quality like, and does it come with download code? I've had differing experiences with DG vinyl and it's, as ever, not a cheap album, and if it doesn't come with download code then I'll probably just go for the 24/96 download instead.

Inner Symphonies

One I’ve not stopped playing since its release.

Deutsche Grammophon put out this beautifully shot video last month, though I’ve only seen it today. Needs at least a second viewing after reading the text at the end...

(In a more experimental vein this year, Subaerial by two more old pals, Lucy Railton and Kit Downes on cello and organ, is quite a listen.)

If you care to follow her on Bandcamp, you do get advised via email when anything becomes available.
I managed to see her live in Milton Keynes a few yrs back (Esja) now in 'the cube'
A very nice evening out.
Not everything ends up on there as DG would not like it I guess, but her solo stuff does, as do the downloads.
I find her very much in the vein of Nils Frahm, but that is no bad thing imo.

This recent concert from Paris has just appeared on Youtube and is absolutely superb. Really wonderful stuff.

This recent concert from Paris...

Thanks very much, Tony. I watched it last night, and it’s so good.

As well as ‘Kyiv’, I got this from Hania last month...

8-CF43-F5-C-7112-4876-AAFC-66-EC58-BCE39-D.jpg

I Hear the Silence In All This Empty Space. Notes and Photographs 2018-2021

Very simple, and nicely done.

been a bit of a wait but rather enjoying it.

Yes, I was listening to On Giacometti late last night, and almost fell asleep to its delicate sounds. Still waiting on the vinyl after the foil artwork bother, while a CD edition showed up on bandcamp today.

Also perhaps of interest... Dobrawa Czocher, who appears on a couple of tracks, recently released a first solo album after her collabs with Hania, Dreamscapes.

advertisement

Back