advertisement

Hancock...You've been a Naughty Boy!

Politics has been rather quiet on the extra-marital nookie front for quite a while recently - perhaps newspapers (post the mobile phone tapping age) have had fewer sources to rely on - I can't believe its because politicians are any better behaved.

But affairs happen all through society - I am always amused by the mock/faux outrage that ensues when people of this type get 'caught'. Perhaps we should reserve similar outrage for all the journalists and editors who have affairs... why are they not reported in headlines? Or nurses and doctors - plenty of ex-marital nookie to report on there. The idea that a politician has some special moral responsibility on such matters is laughable - they are ordinary people, doing a job. So what if they are elected?

Yes - the picture 'looks' incriminating - but are we jumping to conclusions? - and what about the respective partners, who cares about them? - seeing their spouses splashed all over the news while they meanwhile have to carry on getting the kids to school and go do the shopping.

To a point. But here not only have lockdown rules been broken - sample the Hancock pious indignation we were treated to when Ferguson was caught out. But possibly worse than that, there is the appointment of this "colleague".

Johnson has of course lowered standards to below a snakes belly, so there literally is nothing that government ministers would resign over and those still drinking Johnson's bathwater will go along with it. He's a larf. They may have lost one voter if she has a partner.

Yes - the picture 'looks' incriminating - but are we jumping to conclusions? - and what about the respective partners, who cares about them? - seeing their spouses splashed all over the news while they meanwhile have to carry on getting the kids to school and go do the shopping.

Well Han(d)cock doesn't seem to care about his. All he had to do is keep his dick in his pants while this shit show pandemic unfolded.

True but what is left of the moral compass points to the useful(?) idiot/lightning conductor who may well take the fall for Covid leaving SuperBoJo unscathed. Yes, I know people aren't daft enough to be taken in but the papers will tell them who to vote for and if it's Starmer nothing will fundamentally change. The Tories may have a period in opposition, consider it a form of "detention" like naughty schoolkids, until they're rehabilitated in the eyes of the media/voter.

Giving £billions of taxpayer money pot his mates: nothing.

Finding jobs for his mates: nothing

Sexual misconduct: outrage.

This country has a moral compass that’s broken.

I'm not holding my breath.

You're right not to, the PM has accepted his apology and considers the matter closed. Let's face it if you can't get sacked for handling the pandemic just about as badly as possible while diverting loads of cash to your mates you're not going to get sacked for snogging your aide or breaking social distancing rules which, like all Coronavirus laws and regulations, are only there for the hoi polloi and not for the 'important' people!

So this happened in May and we are nearly at the end of June. If this is in the public interest then surely it would have been front page worthy then? ****ing media.

If Hancock is so poor at his job then revealing this when it happened might well have saved us from another month plus of his poor performance.

If he hasn't been sacked for dishing out cash to his mates or steering policy that led to thousands of excess deaths, then it would be a pretty rum do if he were to be forced to resign over this by our philanderer-in-chief.

Having said that, I can only speculate as to the erotic charge of forging an illicit sexual relationship within the hurricane's eye of a national pandemic response. I'm almost a little impressed and envious.

Politics has been rather quiet on the extra-marital nookie front for quite a while recently - perhaps newspapers (post the mobile phone tapping age) have had fewer sources to rely on - I can't believe its because politicians are any better behaved.

But affairs happen all through society - I am always amused by the mock/faux outrage that ensues when people of this type get 'caught'. Perhaps we should reserve similar outrage for all the journalists and editors who have affairs... why are they not reported in headlines? Or nurses and doctors - plenty of ex-marital nookie to report on there. The idea that a politician has some special moral responsibility on such matters is laughable - they are ordinary people, doing a job. So what if they are elected?

Anyone is entitled to shag around as much as they want.
What they need calling out for is their rank hypocrisy when they criticise others in public for doing the same thing.
Not mention the jobs for getting your nickers off suspicion.

"Ms Coladangelo, who has known the health secretary since they were at Oxford University together, was made a non-executive director of the Department of Health last September. The role comes with a £15,000 salary and involves 15-to-20 days of work per year."

I'd say Hancock has been getting his moneys worth there.
Gizza job.
I can do that

Hancock refuses to resign, Boris backs Hancock, but this isn't going to go away so fast. They are both fools to think this and try and ride this out. Boris should just show some leadership and sack him if he won't resign. It makes him look weak and inept. What has each on the other? Always keep your enemies close to you and all that. It's hypocrisy from Hancock, dishing out the rules and then breaking them for his own personal pleasure. Usually, The Sun has more dirt to release and perhaps that Part 2 is for Sunday's paper......

advertisement

Back