advertisement

hana ml and ortofon cadenza bronze

What makes a £1500 cart cost 10 more than a £150 one? In terms of manufacturing process? Most expensive cart I've bought was an AT one around £400, I was a bit drowsy due to hayfever, and broke it within a few days, now reluctant to pay more than £200! The Nag carts from Japan used to be good value, but prices seem to be almost on par with Europe now.
Better quality of coil wire , more precisely wound coils which would give better channel separation , better generator assembly , different body material , cantilever, more advanced stylus profile and so on ... In audio paying 10x more doesn't often mean you would get 10x better product , sometimes you pay premium for comfort of owning certain brand products

I dem'd and bought an ML after listening to both the Bronze and Black. The other I considered was an Art9 but didn't get to hear it. When you cast around the general feeling seems to be that these carts despite price differences play in the same ballpark. Different flavours. The Black and Bronze seemed cut from similar cloth as one might expect. As I remember the Bronze had a lovely sense of flow and beautiful tone as compared to the Black which was more airy with wonderful resolution, both seemed to me to err on the side of open and airy while the ML is more organic, a fuller presentation, tonally denser but without sacrificing resolution. All three are good, as usual the balance of one's system and preferences will be the decider

The other cart I’d consider is the Dynavector XX2Mk2, sounds a little fuller in the bass than the Bronze, hard to choose between them.

all sorted now,thanks for all the advice. i decided to just trade my broken one against a new one and got a fantastic deal from audio emotion,so good in fact it was better than what henley audio could do and they are the importers!! cheers to slav for the recommendation .

advertisement

Back