advertisement

Halnziye HY910 thermal glue

a.palfreyman

pfm Member
Anyone used this product? I bought a small tube to glue a small heatsink to an saa7220 to try to cool it. I put a small blob on some plastic as a test and it seems to take some time to set. Bit of warmth seems to help. Just wondered if it's any good.

I've used Loctite two pack thermal glues, reputedly good enough to fasten power transistors to a heat sink! I recall it being blue and with a pale brown ish activator. It was in "dual cylinder" syringes like some epoxies. Very expensive! About £28 and that was around 1997. I used it to cement a voltage regulator module I'd designed and built to the inner walls of a Leak St20 chassis. The idea was that it avoided drilling holes in a vintage classic hence if it it was required to go back to standard it could. Also used it to glue heatsinks to Philips DAC IC's that would go noisy/crackle and pop once they had warmed up for about 15 mins. If you could keep them say 5-10C cooler the fault never appeared!

Ooh, that's interesting Jez. Sounds similar to my problem. Philips cd160 with saa7220a and tda1541. During the hot spell, after about 2 hours being on, I'd get some weird noises from left channel when idling or in quiet bits between tracks. Sort of rectifier noise with a sort of whooshing and some hiss. Not really loud but quite noticeable. The noise changes when disc is either stopped, or drawer opened and sounds a bit like break through from a poor earth. Had it open and running, but after 3 hrs: nothing :rolleyes:. The saa gets hot to the point that a moistened finger on the case is uncomfortable at about 5 secs. Tda chip not as bad. So in the absence of anything else I was going to put small heatsinks on these two chips. All supplies look good on a scope. The stuff I have has set overnight. :)
Now fitted. Cheers @Arkless Electronics

Last edited:
Yes, can't do any harm. Fingers Xed...cos I'll be pulling my hair out, but I'm already getting too tall for my hairstyle. ;)

advertisement

Back