advertisement

Hackernap parallel output transistors

GWM - yes my bolt down NAP160 had the transistors bolted on the outside of the case with leads to the amp board

Andrew - yes indeed and that’s what the NCC300 board has

Andy
2 extra transistors per board ( but I went for four new ones per board just in case) 4 off 0r33 emitter resistors per board some 1¼ x 1¼ 3mm Ali u channel ( I’ll dig up a link) some heat sinks and bolts

Just realised your boards have those TO3 devices so you may have to do it a bit differently to how Pete and I have.

Don’t think u channel would work after all. The NCC300 puts the devices side by side so if you have enough width that would be feasible. If not you could put them behind each other on a deeper piece of Ali. Either way you would need a little connector board and join them underneath

8-DEF1-FEB-F617-43-DD-A9-A8-B9652860-ABC2.jpg

8-DEF1-FEB-F617-43-DD-A9-A8-B9652860-ABC2.jpg

My question about using 0,33 ohm emitter resistors ; why are they 0,33 ohm, and not 0,22 ohm ? I believe in the NCC300 they are also 0,22 ohm. Why not follow this ? My compliments about your efforts in trying to give the NCC200 a second life.

My question about using 0,33 ohm emitter resistors ; why are they 0,33 ohm, and not 0,22 ohm ? I believe in the NCC300 they are also 0,22 ohm. Why not follow this ? My compliments about your efforts in trying to give the NCC200 a second life.
And of course the Hackernap

My question about using 0,33 ohm emitter resistors ; why are they 0,33 ohm, and not 0,22 ohm ? I believe in the NCC300 they are also 0,22 ohm. Why not follow this ?
I can't help with the why, but in my parallel/complementary (Sanken 2SA1216/2SC2922) Sugden Au51p the emitter resistors are also 0.33Ω (55V rails if it matters).

BugBear

Well in the DIYAudio Honey Badger amp they’re also 0r22 but in the RCA circuit diagram I have they’re actually 0r39 !

Board connection is at the bottom.
It’s a double sided pcb.
The top image shows the board from the device side and shows the emitter track cut and a hole for the extra emitter resistor.
Bottom image shows the board from the amp side and shows where the C and E cross over. I’m pretty sure it works but I’ll have another look

If you solder both sides of the board on the left hand bottom hole you will short out two connections.

Pete

advertisement

Back