advertisement

Hackernap parallel output transistors

Good question!

No idea at the moment, day after a migraine so things aren't working to well, about normal for a hackernap/naim I guess 3.3 or 4.4 mV possibly half that across one, everything looked good on the scope!
It should come back to me at some point!

Pete

Finally got around to trying this out today... the results are not subtle! Everything seems to have crisped up, more bass, just sounds faster and more engaging.

Replace the output transistors on the negative side and remove the baxandall diode in theory.

Pete

I’ve looked at this a couple of times and I reckon there must be a way using the little pcb’s. Double sided pcb and a bit of etching would probably do it. I need to get the 3D brain working.

Yes. That’s how I’ve done my parallel mod and I think with double sided pcb it will be possible to cross over the emitter and collector for the negative side

It might be easer to mount the transistors on the bottom of the spreader and cross over the base connection.

Pete

Pete - I’ve sketched it out for crossing over the emitters - didn’t think about doing the bases
BugBear - just checking the logistics for now - if that works then yes need to look at component values

I’m of a mind to get a spare board modded with the different transistors and remove the diode and extra 100r but leave everything else as it is and try it on a stunt speaker - just to see :)

Pete - I’ve sketched it out for crossing over the emitters - didn’t think about doing the bases
BugBear - just checking the logistics for now - if that works then yes need to look at component values

I’m of a mind to get a spare board modded with the different transistors and remove the diode and extra 100r but leave everything else as it is and try it on a stunt speaker - just to see :)
I guess you could mount the output transistors off board and connect up with wire,I have seen some high power amps done like that.

advertisement

Back