advertisement

Guns n Roses - Appetite for... remaster or original?

scoobs

pfm Member
Had a rummage through my folks loft on the weekend, they've been on to me for ages to sort my junk out so imagine my face when I unearthed some vinyl gems from my yoof, namely Appetite for Destruction, Pearl Jam "10" and Nirvana's Nevermind. How could I have ignored these behemoths for 15 years! , the last time they saw the light of day was atop my older sister's aiwa midi hi-fi, and I was at six-form college fighting off girls with a stick

Anyway, I've spun them on my grown up system and they sound awesome and all the sweeter with a heady dose of nostalgia. Nirvana and Pearl Jam are in decent nick, but GnR has seen some action and is showing it's wear. Having had a look on ebay there are 2008 remasters available, but I understand that remasters are often compressed and sound shite on vinyl.

Does anyone have any experience of the remaster versus the original please?

What to do init?

I asked the same thing on the Steve Hoffman forums and the general response was that they were both good. I ended up with a mint original as I always prefer the original

the original soundgarden alice in chains etc after so many years of passionate listening sound amazing on original,especially jar of flies-alice in chains. just bought gnr lies original - have not heard for many years now. its nostalgic but still after listening am proud to say i still love it as much as i did then-theres alot to be said for that

advertisement

Back