advertisement

Guitar talk: acoustic, bass, classical, twelve string? You name it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a LR Baggs M80 fitted to my Yamaha LL500 acoustic.
Lovely!! Can't bear to listen to quacky bridge pickups ever again...yuk

I'm sure I'll have more interesting guitar posts this weekend after a few wines, etc...especially my '68 SG.

I've a J45 that belonged to Foxwellsjy of this parish (a 2005 Historic) and am shortly about to (finally) add a Collings 01-SB, a beautiful thing of rare tone that I agreed to buy around three months ago but haven't yet got around to concluding on the sale. Pricy, but worth it. I also have some Cort models which are great, albeit not in the Collings or even the J45 class, though certainly very playable.

Now I just need to find a regular pub folk session ;)

wonderful, a thread that distracts me from the 'oh britian...' and 'brexit:...' threads. (still can't believe that we've voted for this humongous disaster, but there you go....)

anyway, here are a couple of my guitars, THAT 1963 strat, an eric johnson strat, and a gibson 335. also have 2 taylors, a baby and a ltd edition 810. the 335 was sold and replaced (hurriedly!) by a 339 which i love very much. now looking for a tele deluxe to complete the lineup :)

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

I make that seven guitars! I am sure that someone else can do better than that, makes my five look small beer, but I do still have my first, a classical guitar made in Brazil.

My only question is, with a guitar habit and a hiFi habit how does one get a new purchase past SWMBO.
J

Quite a pile here at present! My usual 1981 Shergold Marathon basses (one fretted, one not), a 79 Shergold Masquerader, Rich C6's Meteor (need to give that one back), a 79 Aria YS500 (rather cool early Matsumoku thru-neck twin humbucker job), a Gordon Smith GS1 (heavy body version, may sell this one) and as from yesterday a nice 2005 Lester grabbed from pfm's very own classifieds (an Article 50/GBP hedge!). Will have to arrange a family portrait at some point. Wants list is a good vintage Fender Jazz Bass, natural or sunburst, with the ashtrays etc.

I have (I can see its case from here) a 1976 Precision, which I haven't played in anger for about 25 years, or at all for about 5 years - it's very modified ( Badass bridge, DiMarzio P/U, and de-fretted by me). Charles Bullen of This Heat fame described it as "really lovely", and I agree. The modifications reduce the resale value to about not a lot, but I couldn't sell it any more than I could sell one of my children; whatever relationship I have with it is very strong, and I suspect that it will still be on top of the wardrobe when I pop my clogs.

Unless you're a gigging musician or collector three guitars is probably all you need to give a bit of variety and cover different styles. My three a Telecaster, Gibson arch top and Martin OOO15M. Oh and a couple of amps: one valve and one solid state.

I have 12—but I'm primarily a keyboardist, so I think it's acceptable to have so few.

I sold a couple of basses in the summer ...

Stephen

5 electrics, two acoustics, a vintage lap steel, two cigar box guitars, and, umm, a banjo.

Even when I could play, I wasn't much of a player, and these days I ain't even as good as that.

I've got one acoustic and about 10 electrics....and using various slight of hand tricks my missus thinks I've got about 5 electrics.

She's got about 100 pairs of fecken shoes though and at least ALL my guitars get played.

I have 3 guitars. 2 electrics: A black squier tele and a Tokai 'Super Edition' Strat (a black strat with twin humbuckers) and an ovation electroacoustic copy.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these Taylor small scale 12 string acoustics... but seeing as they cost north of £2,500, it ain't gonna be anytime soon if ever!

Taylor 562ce
preview.jpg

The "girls" a 92 Tokai Standard, hand rolled Strat 58 style body vintage neck Rio Grande Pups, solid steel trem block, graphite saddles and nut, 81 Tokai Custom and the Squier Cabronita Tele.

EfOOQyr.jpg

I have one—it's lovely and you can play right down to the nut. Nice recording guitars too.

Stephen

No way, you've got one? Well done Stephen!

How does it seem size wise compared to a Taylor Big Baby? From the looks of it, it's in the same ballpark and it just so happens, that's my ballpark geometry-wise.

And the clips I've seen of one being played online suggest it's as playable as you say and more besides. I don't think there are any in the stores here in Glasgow, but Guitar Guitar has one in their Birmingham store. I wonder if they'd ship it up for a demo. Mmmm

Here's a clip for those yet to see one in action - skip to 4.10 to hear her sing, although the introduction is worth watching nonetheless.

[YOUTUBE]yLoK-vOCg4k[/YOUTUBE]

f50 rosewood and spruce top lowden for my 50 years birthday - veerryy nice, its second hand but you wouldn't know it isn't new, cant believe someone owned it and didn't keep it

My christmas present to myself last year:

2rpv685.jpg

and after I changed the pickguard:

2djyuqv.jpg

An amp project I'm slowly, very slowly, working on:

30xh8i1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back