advertisement

GT Audio'd Troughline

Iain

pfm Member
I want to make some upgrades and need to generate funds. The Troughline is gorgeous, but never gets used, mostly because I never listen to any of the FM stations in the evening when I am home.

Anyway the point of the post is could anyone give me an idea of its value please?

It cost £350 to rebuild and have a stereo decoder fitted and that was about 12 years ago. It has probably had about 10 - 20 hours use in that time.

I also have a Magnum Dynalab signal amplifier.

Cheers

Hard to say. An unmodded Trough 2 is £100, Trough 3 mono £70, stereo a bit more. Rough ones less. I doubt you will get back your £350 investment, it is after all 12 years old. I might advertise it here at £250ish and see if you get any takers. Good luck, I bet a sorted one is a lovely thing.

Ian, in a market where people dont know how good your Troughline is ( I use a restored one myself) and where ePay barrowboys might have a vested interest in taking it off your hands and "doing you a favour" you need to pause for thought.

There will be the right buyer out there who knows how good it is and will pay accordingly. I sat and waited ages for mine to turn up.

Were I you I would go ahead and advertise at what you feel is the right price and be prepared to negotiate with someone who wants a tuner of this calibre.

Good Luck

Iain,

Don't sell it cheap. I have one of GT's modded Troughlines. It's great. Mine cost me £350 used about 3 years ago. Don't forget foreign markets still value the Troughline; I bet Hong Kong and Japan buyers would pay a good price for one of these.

Best wishes,

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Charlie,
I see a Vulcan Bomber on your website- is the Troughline the audio equivalent? ;)

The whole of FM Radio in the UK may be consigned to history shortly. Maybe the Vulcan will keep flying long after we all are forced to use that travesty DAB. Not every country is so short sighted to bin FM radio. The Vulcan is old fashioned but nevertheless a masterpiece.

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Thanks for the advice guys. Any suggestions where to advertise. I saw a similar one on Ebay advertised at £495 and highest offer was £450. But obviously would prefer to not use Ebay

Thanks

Iain

I use a Troughline 3 mono wired for 2 channel output. When the source is good, as it was this afternoon with R3 playing the Berlin Phil under Andras Schiff, then it really is as enjoyable as anything I can think of. Hold out for a good price or better, don't sell it at all!

Listen again
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sbxn7

advertisement

Back