1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Griffin on Election call in R4 now

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ian r, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

I hope it is distopian but one never knows

Embarassingly safe/Planted question about east europeans talking my sons apprenticeship to start with

good grief

2. Greg

Greg 2t5b

Interesting. I can't believe he claims he doesn't deny the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. ****ing liar.

3. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Thanks for the OP ian, O/W I would have missed it.
    It could've been worse for Führer Griffin, but IMO it didn't go well. :)

That would be an accurate & succinct epitaph for Nasty Nick. :D

4. prowla

prowla pfm Member

I didn't listen to it, but does he or doesn't he deny it - if he said on national radio that he doesn't, then you have a specific instance of him accepting it, witnessed by the R4 listening community.
    QED.

5. Cav

Cav pfm Member

What was he asked? And what did he reply?

6. Its matters not what he said he's a ****ing ****.

7. auric

auric pfm Member

Judge for yourself bbciplayer.

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

If that was his answer a more interesting question would be why he has revised his opinion to such a huge extent:

Tony.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  9. Still

'we'

10. prowla

prowla pfm Member

OK - fairynuff.

11. Still

Appreciated - King Rat?

12. prowla

prowla pfm Member

The bit where he says "this nonsense about gas chambers is exposed as a total lie" is delusional at best! (He even tried to say it was alright that a few hundred thousand were killed because they were communists!)
    So where did he move from there to being the head of a legitimate political party?
    Can a leopard change its spots?
    Has Gerry Adams moved to a man of peace?
    Has Blair taken up religion?

13. Cav

Cav pfm Member

I can't access that at work...I asked what he was asked and replied, not for someones' judgement on it.

14. Still

Swiftly to the London County Court, due to a discriminatory & subsequently ruled illegal PP constitution. Twice.
    Literally no. From my observations of Griffin & the BNP: not in their case.
    He appears to have done so. What do you think?
    More a case of coming out after leaving office IMO.

15. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Constitution illegal - party still legal (again)

16. prowla

prowla pfm Member

I listened to it; it was mostly middle of the road stuff, but you do sense an undercurrent.

17. prowla

prowla pfm Member

Maybe the spots are just having a makeover then...

Yes, I think that Gerry Adams realised there is a better way, and has been instrumental in making the IRA understand that their time has passed.

Well, Blair is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands, so how can his religion be genuine?

18. Greg

Greg 2t5b

He says he accepts (or does not deny) the generally accepted numbers (you'll have to catch it on iPlayer to hear his exact words) - it's a lie given he is previously on record denying the generally accepted numbers. QED - he will say whatever he needs to say to hide the truth about the BNP in order to garner support from more moderate members of the public.

Bear in mind, Mark Collett (allegedly) threatened to kill Griffin after his appearance on QT, he may be a little angrier now.

19. prowla

prowla pfm Member

I listened to the iplayer, as above, and he says that he doesn't dispute the Holocaust.
    Well, he actually says he never has disputed it, which is evidently not true based on the Cook report.
    I suppose the question was did he forget (possible but unlikely, as the questioner explicitly referred to the Cook report), was his use of English incorrect (possible), or was he lying (very possible).

20. Still

Here's a preliminary transcript of that section of Griffin's interview ...

Caller: I’d like to ask Mr Giffin when did you stop being a holocaust denier, & why did you stop being a holocaust denier?

Griffin: Well that’s a little bit like asking when did I last ... (unintelligible mumble) ... have I stopped beating my wife yet? I’ve never questioned the fact that millions of jews were murdered by the Nazis in one of the great crimes of a crime filled century. There’s no ... n n .. there’s simply no question about that. As to what I said, what I believed & why I changed my mind ... The simple truth is that while Jack Straw said it “you can say whatever you like in England”, I travel as a MEP through France & Belgium, & those countries have ridiculously strict extradition laws, & if I simply said ... if the BBC were to say what I believed in the past, wrongly in some cases, then I & the presenter could be taken away. You see the problem here is ...

Presenter: I’m not sure that’s completely right. (with Griffin trying to talk over her) Just so our listeners know the truth of it, you were convicted of violating section 19 of the public order act, relating to the offense of publishing or distributing racially inflammatory written material.

Griffin: (sounding ‘a bit’ annoyed) That’s correct, under a law that says telling the truth is no defense, & the question of the holocaust did not come in to that conviction.
    So as far you’re ... that is concerned, you are repeating an old BBC lie.

Presenter: George (the caller)

Caller: Well, Mr Giffin says he’s never been a denier of the Holocaust - at the beginning of his reply. So why did he say on the Cook report in 1997 “I accept hundreds, perhaps thousands of Jews we shot on the Eastern front. But this nonsense about gas chambers is exposed as a total lie.” That is a direct quote from Mr Griffin.

Griffin: It is, & the shocking truth George is I’m not allowed to discuss that, why I said that, what I believed then, what I believe now, cos otherwise I could be taken to Germany & thrown in a cell, without trial for years on end. So I’m not going to talk about it, plus the BBC ... I’ve just been dealing with this on Radio 2 with Jeremy Vine ....

Presenter: I’m sorry, we’re just about to run out of time ...

My previously posted words "coming out" were carefully chosen, due to the massive amounts of misery & murder that have been inflicted on folks in the name of religion!