advertisement

Griffin 27 speakers near me...

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
There's a pair of griffin 27 speakers near me for sale, they look interesting. Never heard of them. Has anybody any experience of these ???

In the 70s I worked for a Birmingham hifi dealer and sold many pairs of Griffin speakers, all really good and well made. They were made in West Bromwich and Mr Griffin ( might have been Paul ) would deliver them in person. Not to be confused with Bob Griffin of Griffin Audio also in Birmingham. If the price suits go for it. They were terrific speakers, IIRC Kef B200, Coles supertweeter and Celestion tweeter.

Looking back on it myself, I really think my 27s couldn't be fairly reviewed. They probably needed a good couple of weeks of regular playing to sound their best, and they did not get that, after what was probably a lengthy period of disuse.

One thing I still cannot understand is the T52 crossover point. Even Meridian, who used it within an active system which allows more leeway than a traditional passive crossover, didn't pass over to it that low.

The Griffins are sitting waiting to find new life. I advertised them here but I was always too far away from interested parties here near Glasgow.
I'll eventually be forced to break them up- a crying shame.

Thanks...would have been a interesting project but too much on right now.....if anyone else wants them look on face book market under griffin

Griffin
Looking back on it myself, I really think my 27s couldn't be fairly reviewed. They probably needed a good couple of weeks of regular playing to sound their best, and they did not get that, after what was probably a lengthy period of disuse.

One thing I still cannot understand is the T52 crossover point. Even Meridian, who used it within an active system which allows more leeway than a traditional passive crossover, didn't pass over to it that low.

The Griffins are sitting waiting to find new life. I advertised them here but I was always too far away from interested parties here near Glasgow.
I'll eventually be forced to break them up- a crying shame.

Do you still have these I am not too far from Glasgow

advertisement

Back