advertisement

[FS] Gretsch G5420 in Fairlane blue with gig bag

TheMarlin

pfm Member
Based in High Wycombe, offering for sale a Gretsch G5420.

M4RHWG4.jpg

More photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/VY55BiF

I’m as-new mint condition, no marks or issues. has just been professional setup, plays beautifully and sounds excellent.

I have seven Gretsches, and many more other guitars, so just thinning the collection out a bit. It’s an excellent guitar, and sounds fabulous. These blacktop Fiktertrons sound great with a bit of overdrive, they do 70’s rock superbly, but this will still do the 50’s Gretsch twang if you play clean.

Collection only, offering at £500 (collected). I won’t ship this, as have no hard case for it.

This is the latest model with the pinned bridge, and the upgrade pots and wiring. Pots are by Alpha, so great quality. Also has treble bleed factory fitted.

The bridge on it is a Compton Compensated bridge, and that’s not included in the sale. The original bridge rattles slightly (which annoys when playing acoustically, but doesn’t come through when. Amplified), and I recommend replacing with a better quality (Nashville) bridge, ideally a Gotoh with roller saddles.

These are great guitars, but can leave the factory with some gremlins. This one is properly sorted. I picked the best one I could find, and had it professional worked on and setup

Frets have been levelled and polished, nut bas been properly set up to allow Bigsby usage with zero tuning issues, wiring and electrics are all great. Action is low and fast, it’s a delight to play.

Let me know if you’re interested.

All the best

Marlin

Beautifully set up by a top luthier. Mint condition, you won’t find a better one. Cracking guitar at a giveaway price.

advertisement

Back