Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenfell: inquest or public inquiry?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Seanm, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

And what precisely has the Duke of Westminster to do with that?
    I could equally accuse you of the typical left wing hatred and envy of the wealthy.

Chris

2. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Misses the effing point as per.

HarryB and Still like this.
  3. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

And raises many more questions about excellent education.

cooky1257 likes this.
  4. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Chris is correct here. Why should anyone spend money on a situation they are not culpable for?

Of those who think the Duke of Westminster should put his hand in his pocket I ask how much have you contributed to the Grenfell appeal?

5. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

I dont think the call for the DOW to foot the bill was a serious one-only a stupid person would take it seriously surely?

Still likes this.
  6. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Ad Hom, Still? Surely not!

Chris

7. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

To those who ask how much have you contributed to the Grenfell appeal.
    It appears you've also missed the effing point.

It seems the excellently educated don't understand what ad hom' is.

Anyway, your contributions here are remarkably reminiscent to KT Hopkins on twitter.
    Numerous posts asserting sociopathic concepts and sentiments, followed by a desperate attempt to curry sympathy.
    Would you consider a career on infowars?

8. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Misses the effing point? as you so eloquently said.

Well, were you serious or are you just trying to save face now?

9. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Haha I didn’t suggest it.

10. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

11. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Seeing families of the deceased explain at the inquiry how they spoke to relatives inside Grenfell, as it was being engulfed in flames, was so moving in the last couple of weeks.

Now the inquiry is considering evidence about what went wrong, why it happened, and who is responsible for it. The obvious contenders are in deliberate denial or staying schtum. They include Arconic, who supplied the cladding, the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea who ordered the refurbishment, and corporations who are keeping silent.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...says-panels-did-not-make-fire-inevitable.html
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44368082

"Despite their words of condolence to the victims, these corporates have no desire to assist this inquiry even though [it] could save lives in the immediate future," said Stephanie Barwise. She is representing some of the survivors.

"The corporate silence deprives the families of the degree of resolution and understanding to which they are entitled and has only served to increase their pain and uncertainty."

QC Imran Khan says the inquiry as it is set up will fail to consider institutional racism. He thnks its terms of reference should be extended to take in race, religion and social class. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rvivors-opening-statements-begin-live-updates

Jack

merlin likes this.
  12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Given how articulate and prophetic the Residents Association were in highlighting the issues in advance anything that doesn’t pin this firmly on the Kensington Tory council who ignored them can only be considered a whitewash IMHO.

jackbarron likes this.
  13. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Why bother with an enquiry if everyone knows who is to blame. How often has pfm done this same thing and been wrong or disappointed?

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I don’t recall pfm ever running a public enquiry.

15. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

It doesn't but this post and many of others I've seen reflect badly on your character.

16. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

I think the real point many would make is the following. Cameron's "bonfire of regulations"; was seen as a green light to every two bit chiseller and cost cutter to circumvent regulations for fiscal reasons and worry about the consequences should anything untoward occur. Even then, given the government's laissez faire attitude towards regulatory rules when it's their friends involved, it was seen as in effect, "a nod and a wink"; don't worry you won't be held responsible for deliberately flouting regulations and putting people's lives at risk.

Then there's the abject hypocrisy with which regulations are enforced. You're a long established venue, you break the noise regulations in some minor way and some property developer or some influx of "nimbies" have invaded the area, you're toast. You cause the deaths of dozens of people by your fiscal gerrymandering, you're fine.

17. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

It was before your time.

18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Your spellchecker seems to have substituted 'badly' for 'accurately'

HarryB likes this.
  19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

What are you sayin’? D’you mean back in the day? Long John Baldry, smokeless coal type o’ thing?

20. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

And I have no problem with that at all.
    You exhibit a fine example of the politics of envy and hatred so prevalent on the left.

Chris