advertisement

Greetings Audio Enthusiasts

Would you donate your LP's, for a good cause?

• No

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Maybe Not

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Probably

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

audiophileSFSU

Greetings,

I am part of a business school team project, from San Francisco State University. We are working in conjunction with a client in developing a marketing plan for an audiophile-based non-profit organization.

We would like to learn more about the industry, and hope to seek answers through online forums.

Please help us understand more by answering our poll questions.

Thank you for your help, please feel free to contact me with any questions. Also please contact me if you are interested in participating in an in-depth interview on the subject.

Sincerely,

Eric

I think you should have provided more and clearer information, I am not sure what you are up to. Putting an incorrect apostrophe in LPs was just sloppy. You are also not clear as to whether you are asking whether someone will donate their whole LP collection, or just some unwanted items.

Nic P

Yeah losers! Don't think being polite and that will wash around here matey!! Bloody hippies they will get an audiophile size nine grey slip on right up the jacksie if Mick sees this!!!

If you are working for a non profit org, surely you should not have any reservations sharing the name of the organisation and what the purpose is?

Harmless enough question.

Need more info really.
I wouldn't donate my record collection but I might (and have) given away some records to others when for example I have duplicates or bought something and don't like it.

So I'll answer 'probably not'.

there are already many fantastic charities in the uk to donate to and buy from. I've spent time as a volunteer pricing up music items in one for a while.

IMHO when professional 'business' people become involved prices become higher, more standardised and relationships more remote.

Who was the "Audiophile" dude that ran an audiophile charity from his own web forum a few years back and was eventually convicted of using the proceeds to line his pockets?

Louballoo

I expect its a bot trying to crossdress as a human or some US pronoia machine at the same time - bit like Facebook - they like it when we do the work for them.

I have records which i play and records which bulk out the reord racks to keep the hood ones upright and provide symetry. So my answer is no.

As I'm in much greater need of having my soul/spirit cleansed everyday of the week to avoid sin - I'd have to say no.

I'd much rather donate blood or a body part.

Do you reed mirror writing answers srewsna gnitirw rorrriw deen ouy oD
can we talk about israel or will we esool ti neht

The jobs been done already, i have a steady turnover rehoming LPs i don't want any more.
The good stuff goes to car boot sales or a local radio station, the less marketable items go to the charity shop.
i did try recycling a few into heat at one stage but the fumes were really toxic; could HCl be one of the by products?
Usually restock at local auctions and keep about one in twenty.

Wasn't Mr Schifter a monkey trying to get a piano moved?
Ere dad, d'yo know thw piano's on my foot?
You hum it son, I'll play it!

If I was looking for a complete stranger to give a lifetime's worth of hard to find treasured vinyl, I would certainly put this scheme on the shortlist is it.

tbh, I can't see the catch?

DS

advertisement

Back