advertisement

Greenstreet or Kore?

The Greenstreet thickness is a little less less than required to properly adjust and torque the Karousel bearing. That's why David is providing a shim and I bet he is revising the design as to not require the shim.

The Greenstreet thickness is a little less less than required to properly adjust and torque the Karousel bearing. That's why David is providing a shim and I bet he is revising the design as to not require the shim.

Interesting. Does the shim have 3 holes in it to accommodate the "nubbies" on the Karousel?

Can't comment about the Kore, but the uplift I got from changing my pre-Cirkus bonded, pressed steel sub to the Greenstreet was very VERY good. If there is any criticism of the ARO tonearm, it's that it can sound a bit light in the bass department. The GS sub fixed that, and then some.

You won’t go wrong with either - both will be an improvement.

The Kore can be found used sometimes as people upgrade to Keel - worth asking a few Linn dealers what they have etc

Interesting. Does the shim have 3 holes in it to accommodate the "nubbies" on the Karousel?
I’m guessing so but I’m not prepared to pull my deck about to find out :D. David at GS sent the shim direct to my dealer to fit so Imcould get the Karousel. It works well

Ask GS if they are making a production run that doesn’t need the shim. If so I’d definitely go GS ahead of Kore if I was buying and didn’t have the benefit of hearing both.

As for a secondhand Kore, if you can’t fit it yourself check first that your dealer will fit it. My dealer refuses to fit secondhand Linn parts bought elsewhere....

The only downside of the GS is cosmetic. The anodised finish on my example is not perfect, and there's obviously no screen-printed Linn logo. But it's how it sounds that really matters to me.

David at GS sent the shim direct to my dealer to fit so I could get the Karousel. It works well

Ask GS if they are making a production run that doesn’t need the shim. If so I’d definitely go GS ahead of Kore if I was buying and didn’t have the benefit of hearing both.
Might be moot now that Greenstreet has closed, but my GS sub did not need the shim David sent me when I installed the Karousel. I recall David saying the shim is for the GS sub machined for pre-Cirkus. Mine was machined for Cirkus, which explains why my platter sat a couple of millimetres lower with a pre-Cirkus.

Due to failing health, the Greenstreet Audio Sub-chassis is no longer in production.

Thank you to our customers throughout the last 20 years.

Karousel Bearing Upgrade

Linn's new bearing fits our sub-chassis without modification, it will bolt right in.

advertisement

Back