advertisement

Great value smart phone...

cj66

pfm Member
As my old HTC OneS finally fell off the map for Google etc, in that it could no longer support current apps I needed, it was time for a replacement. Might yet root it again to squeeze yet more use out of it.

I just needed something bang up to date that would run revised apps for the foreseeable, it's main duties being a music streamer and camera. My only other requirement was decent ultra-wide image capture capability.

Short list in hand I hit the stores.
I plumbed for the new OPPO A5 2020. Spec. list was stunning and phone felt, looked and operated extremely well. The camera was exactly what I required as well, having minimal distortion on ultra-wide setting.
Comparing it to my main S7E there really is very little in it. For normal usage they are equally slick. Yes, the normal camera of the S7E does have superior colour and definition and the waterproof feature has been tested on few occasions!

However, for the price difference it is shocking what you can now get for a measly £130 contract-free!

If anyone is looking for similar I can highly recommend this model, beating off the competition in the form of Samsung, Vivo, Hauwei ( doubtful contender for obvious reasons ), Moto, etc. It even came with a gel back cover and proper screen protector in place (Asian market), instead of the usual nasty ear-buds.

Hi cjarchez

What storage capacity does the A5 have and is it expandible?

I currently have 64 gb on my Huawei Honor 7.

Mine is also 64GB with a micro SD slot for up to 256GB.
There is a 128GB version but the price hike is not worth it.

Just got lost for two hours after I Googled OPPO A5 , I didn't realise there are so many brands and great quailty mobiles out there .

If you're avoiding Huawei then shouldn't you also avoid Oppo and other Chinese brands?

In terms of the Koreans, how about Samsung M20 available around £170.

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is a great budget phone. Runs Android One, so no annoying reskins, and has automated software updates, big clear screen, very fast, real 2 day battery life. Can get one for £100. Needs a good case and screen protector as this is no iPhone with uber Gorilla Glass.

advertisement

Back