advertisement

Great news

Well, it's trebles all round here at Self Employed Contractor Towers. IR 35 has been scrapped so we can go back to paying bugger-all tax and NI. Hurrah for the conservatives, allowing this better-than-average earner to pay next to no contribution to the maintenance of the state, completely legally. Well done Kwasi, now get The Haunted Tentpeg to put poor people in workhouses where they can work for their gruel and pay tax as they should.

Have to go, the single malt is running down and I'm going to turn the heating up. Thanks Liz. You're great. You love people like me. Don't you just look after us.

I suspect all the opposition party spokespeople whilst saying to the media how awful today's announcements are, will be sitting in offices rejoicing at the likely election rout for the Tories. Then over the next two years will somehow contrive to miss the open goal and the corrupt self-serving incompetents will be back in power again. History shows that the UK electorate all too often does themselves more harm than a mass of cliff-diving lemming does.

I went from red to Limbrini, two bottles-one to drink on the way home, one for when I get there. What's the prognosis?
If Limbrini (or Lambrini?) is some kind of white Lambrusco the prognosis is, alas, not good.

If Limbrini (or Lambrini?) is some kind of white Lambrusco the prognosis is, alas, not good.
Nothing so sophisticated, I'm afraid. It's a perry, sold in wine bottles at, ahem, an affordable price. Limbrini I'm not sure about, it may be a knock off version sold by Aldi. :p

Nothing so sophisticated, I'm afraid. It's a perry, sold in wine bottles at, ahem, an affordable price. Limbrini I'm not sure about, it may be a knock off version sold by Aldi. :p

At least Pomagne had delusions of grandeur and wasn't Chav juice.

Just Googled and it seems to be some kind of light cider, sounds nice and thirst-quenching. Wiki said it had its advertising banned because it "implied" that drinking it "would bring social and sexual success." Sounds daft, since doesn't advertising for almost everything imply that?

Just Googled and it seems to be some kind of light cider, sounds nice and thirst-quenching. Wiki said it had its advertising banned because it "implied" that drinking it "would bring social and sexual success." Sounds daft, since doesn't advertising for almost everything imply that?
Yes it does, but for alcohol there's a specific rule that the advertising can't imply this. Similarly the models all have to be 25+, etc.

The scary bit in that article is how Truss and Kwarteng have been groomed from early in their political careers by those behind the IEA. I checked out the IEA website, and an image of Charles Moore appeared on the front page. That’s all I needed to know
I read that as IKEA and there is indeed a Truss. It’s a toilet cleaner.

It's the 2017 and 2021 reforms are scrapped, but IR35 lives on.
Yep. The 2021 one was a pain. It narrowed the definition enormously. Basically now unless you are utterly, utterly taking the piss, you are self employed. That'll do.

From The Sun, today, on the budget plans

"A Deltapoll survey for The Sun on Sunday found many of his central policies have gone down a storm.

His pledge to slash the basic rate of income tax from 20p in the £1 to 19p from next April, benefitting 31million workers, got the backing of 63 per cent of respondents.

A majority of Labour and Tory supporters like the plan."

Exactly how many respondents, and the basis of the sample, were not mentioned, but our free press are doing their usual fine work. Those who are being given peanuts to ensure the wealthy get prizes will, of course, welcome the proposals.

From The Sun, today, on the budget plans

"A Deltapoll survey for The Sun on Sunday found many of his central policies have gone down a storm.

His pledge to slash the basic rate of income tax from 20p in the £1 to 19p from next April, benefitting 31million workers, got the backing of 63 per cent of respondents.

A majority of Labour and Tory supporters like the plan."

Exactly how many respondents, and the basis of the sample, were not mentioned, but our free press are doing their usual fine work. Those who are being given peanuts to ensure the wealthy get prizes will, of course, welcome the proposals.
Yes indeed. Give them free beer on Tuesdays and you can get away with murder for the rest of the week.

advertisement

Back